Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Blades to Move?

Default It Could Be True

Scott Taylor was a sports reporter in Winnipeg when the "save The Jets" battle was raging. He was Barry Shenkero's[then Jets Owner] puppet and wrote numerous articles about the city not being able to support the NHL and should just let the team leave to Minneapolis which was the original destination. I think he believed he could follw the team out of town and he would be taken with them. In any event, as much as I disliked the guy, he does have some credible sources. I hope he is half right and we get an NHL team back, without affecting the staus of the Blades.

Quote Originally Posted by wheatiesfan View Post
    Scott Taylor was a sports reporter in Winnipeg when the "save The Jets" battle was raging. He was Barry Shenkero's[then Jets Owner] puppet and wrote numerous articles about the city not being able to support the NHL and should just let the team leave to Minneapolis which was the original destination. I think he believed he could follw the team out of town and he would be taken with them. In any event, as much as I disliked the guy, he does have some credible sources. I hope he is half right and we get an NHL team back, without affecting the staus of the Blades.
    Winnipeg would be a huge winner, trading an AHL franchise for NHL and WHL. Brandon an indirect winner, gaining a rival only 2 hours away. I can't see Saskatoon letting it happen. I could see Parker making a trade like that in Regina though
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Winnipeg would be a huge winner, trading an AHL franchise for NHL and WHL. Brandon an indirect winner, gaining a rival only 2 hours away. I can't see Saskatoon letting it happen. I could see Parker making a trade like that in Regina though

haha...good one!

no truth to the rumours. zero.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...-84557287.html

les lazaruk had blades owner jack brodsky on the pregame show last night, and he confirmed what was in the article.

there isn't an ounce of truth in the blades moving.