Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: bantam draft 2010

Iconcup

Think size, speed, aggression. Think size, speed, aggression. I'm hoping this is Bruno's mantra. These are three things that can't be taught.

looks like we have pick #6

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
    looks like we have pick #6
    They held the draft lottery already?

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan15 View Post
    no but chances are we will have #6
    we are holding pick 6. the top 3 go in the lottery. we cant move down or up.

everyone in the bottom 6 get a chance to move up. we can only move up to #4 but we only get 1 ball. Bruno actually even mentioned it on the show tonight.
    oh really ? has it changed in recent years then. any highlights from the show tonight ?

he talked about Ravenko having a good chance of comming back. he also seems to think that he has trade value in his 20 year olds next year. He also talked about the reasons of not bringing up the prospects this year and said that he didnt want to bring them up because the mood in the dressing room was pretty down when they were eliminated by the Broncos and didnt want that to be the kids first experience. But said that he would have like to have called up Williams, Stewart , Winther and Danyluk. He said there wont be on ice sessions for rookies this year instead they will do off ice training , hockey knowledge and community events with the Raider picks this year. Bruno also said that he was high on Bascara from the Hounds and that Bascara has offers all over the place but thinks he has a shot to bring him here , but didnt sound to convinced about Smith in Estevan.When asked about Grit and toughness Bruno thought that that would be addressed with Mackenzie and Balson. He also seems pretty high on T.J Constant who plays in Manitoba jr A. He says he fights lots and scores. He hinted that Deck and Rowley were his 20 year olds with Ravenko if he comes back. He didnt really talk about who would be doing what coaching roles . But he did say he had a meeting with Mcphee and Broda about his contract situation next week I believe. thats about all I can remember.
    hey thanks basara looks good i just wonder if he's too small (hope not). and if we had igor with deck and rowley that would rival when we had leonard ardelan and young.

Bruno has done a good job of stockpiling young talent. The only question will be: How to make room for Winther, MacKenzie, Balson, Basara and one or two others. Seems to me that he'll have to finally bite the bullet and jettison most of the 91 shrapnel that weren't producing.

Iconcup

[QUOTE=raiderfan15;149249]he talked about Ravenko having a good chance of comming back. he also seems to think that he has trade value in his 20 year olds next year. He also talked about the reasons of not bringing up the prospects this year and said that he didnt want to bring them up because the mood in the dressing room was pretty down when they were eliminated by the Broncos and didnt want that to be the kids first experience. But said that he would have like to have called up Williams, Stewart , Winther and Danyluk. He said there wont be on ice sessions for rookies this year instead they will do off ice training , hockey knowledge and community events with the Raider picks this year. Bruno also said that he was high on Bascara from the Hounds and that Bascara has offers all over the place but thinks he has a shot to bring him here , but didnt sound to convinced about Smith in Estevan.When asked about Grit and toughness Bruno thought that that would be addressed with Mackenzie and Balson. He also seems pretty high on T.J Constant who plays in Manitoba jr A. He says he fights lots and scores. He hinted that Deck and Rowley were his 20 year olds with Ravenko if he comes back. He didnt really talk about who would be doing what coaching roles . But he did say he had a meeting with Mcphee and Broda about his contract situation next week I believe. thats about all I can remember.[/QUOTE

Trade value in the 20 year olds? Lets see:

Hickmott - 49 pts in 72 games, this guy has shown steady improvement each year, always doubling the previous year's output. Definite trade value if Revenko stays put.

Reddin - 23 pts in 68 games with PA & Portland. Going backwards, had 33 pts the previous season. I don't see any value here.

Warg - IMHO the import has to be outstanding to also be one of your 20 year olds (ie Revenko). Is Warg outstanding? But there is some value maybe, but not much. He got traded to PA when his value was at its highest i.e. late in the season & PA needed a steadying influence on backend for playoff push.

Wall - is a team going to build their defense around this very average 20 year old? Probably not.

Hickmott is going to get 60 plus pts next season if he continues with the pattern of improving every season. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if he remained with the team as one of the three 20 year olds, assuming Revenko moves on. And even if Revenko doesn't move on, I'd be half inclined to trade Revenko for a top 6 forward or top 4 d-man with a birthdates in '92 or '91 who will be with PA and grow with PA for a couple of more years.

Iconcup

basara didnt look to small to me and he didnt play soft at all either.
    That is good news for the team if the kid will committ to WHL action.

basara didnt look to small to me and he didnt play soft at all either.
    he's 5'9 mind you they can still grow.