Thread: Hurricanes drop the ball AGAIN!!

Default Hurricanes drop the ball AGAIN!!

Do the Hurricanes front office REALLY believe there will be anymore than 500 people or so at todays game??!! Other Clubs moved their game time to allow fans to watch the Team Canada games but US... On the day Canada Plays USA at 5:30pm we can watch the Canes play the OilKings??? ***!!! Good luck!!!! Guess it would be easy to win the "guess the Attendance" as you will probabaly be able to count them on 2 hands!!! Another Example of the ineptitude of our front office and board of infectors!!!

Default Am I misinformed.....

Quote Originally Posted by scrawny69 View Post
    Do the Hurricanes front office REALLY believe there will be anymore than 500 people or so at todays game??!! Other Clubs moved their game time to allow fans to watch the Team Canada games but US... On the day Canada Plays USA at 5:30pm we can watch the Canes play the OilKings??? ***!!! Good luck!!!! Guess it would be easy to win the "guess the Attendance" as you will probabaly be able to count them on 2 hands!!! Another Example of the ineptitude of our front office and board of infectors!!!
    about the starting times for the 4 WHL games tonight? I have checked both the times on this site, the WHL site and WHL news for game changes and they all equate to 6pm our time. Three of those games are in Canadian rinks. So unless, the WHL schedule on their web site is wrong, there appears to be no changes in game times. Am I wrong?

NEGATIVITY BEGETS NEGATIVITY!

Default Game Start

I don't believe the other games had their times changed either because I was at the Hurricanes game and they were announcing the out of town scoreboard all night.

Yet I have complained about the ineptitude of the person in charge of the front office for some time now. The board made another huge mistake and I feel for the others up front who are trying to make this season work.

I intend to renew my season tickets but I doubt I will see much of the staff around when the new season begins.

Default Tiny crowds

Although attendance figures have been announced at over 3000 for most games, the actual butts in the seats has been far fewer. I have only been at about a dozen games this year as it is a long haul from here, but even on the games I have watched on line, the camera shows more empty seats than full ones. This hurts the concession sales (that the Canes get a share of) hurts the 50/50 education funds and more importantly is most certainly going to hurt the number of season's tickets next year. At the AGM they announced that they had 2600 seasons tickets which is great, but if there were that many seasons tags sold, then the walk ups have been next to nil. This should not only concern the infamous board, but should indeed concern the paying public that wants to keep this team community owned. Should the team lose as much money next year that they are no doubt going to lose this year, then I suspect that there are sharks out in the weeds that will be trying to buy this team for a song. Hey people WAKE UP. Support the boys through thick and thin or the only thing you will see is the tail lights of a bus as they leave in the middle of the night. End of this story part one. There is more to come.

Bear, I'm sure with the renovations, the board anticipated loses for these 2 years. They probably anticipated that this year and next were also building years for the team. The change in management last spring didn't change that.

I don't usually accuse the board of being insightful and on the ball, but in this case...

Arrow hi

this is to all the fans that leave the game during the periods it is crazy we need more prmotions i hate our coach and our genernal manager

Default Got to love the doom and gloom.......

BARE BEAR SAYS....."Should the team lose as much money next year that they are no doubt going to lose this year, then I suspect that there are sharks out in the weeds that will be trying to buy this team for a song. Hey people WAKE UP. Support the boys through thick and thin or the only thing you will see is the tail lights of a bus as they leave in the middle of the night".

Well Bare Bear since you are "in the know" of such details but always say more to come....let me ask you this, do you really think the WHL would allow a potential buyer (and there are several and therefore buying the club for a "song" would be highly unlikely) of the community owned Hurricanes to purchase the team for below market value, that being the price a franchise in this league? The WHL commissioner has publicly stated on more than one occassion that the Hurricanes would not be allowed to move from its current location because they need the numbers balance in the Cental and Eastern Conference and because of its geographical location. It would not make sense for this franchise to be moved. Moving this club would be even harder to understand with the renovations being done to the Enmax. (By the way, the Hurricanes do not get a share of the concessions).

I really do not think the shareholders of the club would give the go ahead to the sale of the club, because they would then lose their right to complain about every little thing.

Certainly this board along with previous boards have made mistakes.

Maybe private ownership would be the right way to go, but after looking at the mess in Prince George and previous mess in Portland, there is no guarentee that it would work. What happened to the private ownership of the Broncos? The Broncos ended up back in Swift Current under community ownership.

I can just hear the screaming from our not-so-loyal fans about the increase of ticket prices that a private owner would likely bring in. With private ownership who are the fans going to complain about and complain to?

I was at that game yesterday and will continue to be at the rest of the games this season and seasons to come.......By staying away, it only hurts one group of people.........THE PLAYERS!

NEGATIVITY BEGETS NEGATIVITY

Default bare bear loves to stur the pot.................

he comes on hear and runs off at the mouth about how bad everything is in the bridge and how the team is leaving the city so look for the tale light on the way out of town.....then sends private messages to people about how the board is blowing all the money of golf trips instead of scouting staff....whatever........there are a pile of us loyal fans that just love major jr hockey in our fair city and will stick by this team no matter what, so whoever doesn't like it can take a walk. we will keep this team in town no matter what it takes.............guaranteed.....................
    GO CANES GO.................