Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Congrats Eberle & next will be Weal

Iconwhl Congrats Eberle & next will be Weal

Want to put out a congrats to Jordan Eberle for reaching the 100 pts plateau tonight against the PA Raiders. Eberle put up a 4 assist game (& had a goal disallowed, still not sure why though on a breakaway with the puck in the net) Eberle is at 102 pts & counting congrats to a great season for Jordan Eberle. Not sure when the last time was the Pats had a 100 point man & dont really feel like looking at the moment either but from recent thought the Pats havent had a 100 point man yet in the 2000's.

Jordan Weal is at 99 pts after a 3 point game tonight 2g1a i am thinking its a lock for Weal to reach the 100 point plateau as well. Which should guarantee the Pats stars to finish 1 & 2 in league scoring with only 3 games left.

Just a side note.... tonight i was reminded on the 1st goal PA scored on why the Pats rnt making the playoffs... way to many bad goals allowed by our starting goaltender, cant make the playoffs with your goalie allowing 1 bad goal at game. I hope this is just a learning curve for Ketlo cuz come next season Guhle will be looking for that starting role & if Ketlo keeps allowing that 1 bad goal a game the Pats cant afford to have this happen for another season.

Once again congrats to Eberle on his 100 point season in only 54 games. Quite an accomplishment, would of been cool to see how many points he could of put up if he hadnt been gone for what 12 games this season due to the WJs. Wouldnt of even been a race for 1st in league scoring unless Weal somehow past him (& could still as well)

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    Want to put out a congrats to Jordan Eberle for reaching the 100 pts plateau tonight against the PA Raiders. Eberle put up a 4 assist game (& had a goal disallowed, still not sure why though on a breakaway with the puck in the net) Eberle is at 102 pts & counting congrats to a great season for Jordan Eberle. Not sure when the last time was the Pats had a 100 point man & dont really feel like looking at the moment either but from recent thought the Pats havent had a 100 point man yet in the 2000's.

Jordan Weal is at 99 pts after a 3 point game tonight 2g1a i am thinking its a lock for Weal to reach the 100 point plateau as well. Which should guarantee the Pats stars to finish 1 & 2 in league scoring with only 3 games left.

Just a side note.... tonight i was reminded on the 1st goal PA scored on why the Pats rnt making the playoffs... way to many bad goals allowed by our starting goaltender, cant make the playoffs with your goalie allowing 1 bad goal at game. I hope this is just a learning curve for Ketlo cuz come next season Guhle will be looking for that starting role & if Ketlo keeps allowing that 1 bad goal a game the Pats cant afford to have this happen for another season.

Once again congrats to Eberle on his 100 point season in only 54 games. Quite an accomplishment, would of been cool to see how many points he could of put up if he hadnt been gone for what 12 games this season due to the WJs. Wouldnt of even been a race for 1st in league scoring unless Weal somehow past him (& could still as well)
    This by no means is a shot at you guys but that has got to really suck having two players finish so high in in points and even worse #1 and #2 in the league and still miss the playoffs.....

I for one dont take that as a shot but more of a reality then anything.... the whole problem is our goaltending, Ketlo will play a solid game but will still allow that ONE bad goal each game it seems. A team to make the playoffs cant be having that game in and game out & think they are going to be successfull.

Ketlo certainly isnt the only reason, though he hasnt been clutch at all this year when it counts. Keep in mind, he is young too.

Without a doubt, Missing our top players for 12 games for international commitments made the biggest difference(as did bad injuries during that time), but terrible 20 year olds and predictable coaching doesnt help either. Sure, Strueby has almost 40 goals, but Im willing to bet his laziness in his own zone has cost nearly that many to go in through the course of the year.

Keeping Eberle didnt kill us THIS season, but it will later seasons. It could have set us up for life. We will probably still be good next year but not great like we could have been.

Hey Patsdude(or other fans)

I read that Dyson Stevenson got called up to play against PA. How did he do?

he played well... got into a fight early in the 1st clearly won the fight hands down too.. kid can skate has a decent shot as well this kid will be a great asset for the Pats next season.

Tyler Parker is making Hunt look like a fool all year long as well... played in both home games this weekend, scored a goal against LETH the kid gets the puck & goes to the net with it. I really dont know why he didnt play more this year. I think he out worked Mitchell all weekend, if i remember correctly Parker also got the Hardest Working Pat on Friday night as well.

Also i do agree about the 20 yr olds & the Streuby comment. There is a reason this guy has a -20 guy skates like he has lead in his arse. Sometimes i wonder if keeping Czibere would of been a better choice, at least Czibere could win faceoffs & was reliable in our own end. May not be been the most offensive player but was a leader & could of been used in key situations.
    Last edited by patsdude114; 03-07-2010 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogant_Jerk View Post
    Keeping Eberle didnt kill us THIS season, but it will later seasons. It could have set us up for life.
    That's one thing we can agree on. Trading Eberle could have done for you what trading Setoguchi did for the Blades
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I really liked what I saw out of Parker in the limited time we had him. Hes fast and works hard...could have some skill. Never knew why he didnt play at home before. He should certainly get more time next year, with an outside chance of getting shifts on the top 2 lines on occasion. Stevenson should be good too. Im excited to see what he brings, as he looks like a real sleeper pick. His midget numbers are misleading because he was a goal per game with MJ's AAA team, and then goes to SCs AAA team and is one of their best offensive guys. If he is gritty too, then he sounds like he would be a good PAT.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    That's one thing we can agree on. Trading Eberle could have done for you what trading Setoguchi did for the Blades
    Its common sense to anybody, nevermind someone of his position. I dont like how people somehow act as if Pats fans were behind Parker on that move.

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogant_Jerk View Post
    I really liked what I saw out of Parker in the limited time we had him. Hes fast and works hard...could have some skill. Never knew why he didnt play at home before. He should certainly get more time next year, with an outside chance of getting shifts on the top 2 lines on occasion. Stevenson should be good too. Im excited to see what he brings, as he looks like a real sleeper pick. His midget numbers are misleading because he was a goal per game with MJ's AAA team, and then goes to SCs AAA team and is one of their best offensive guys. If he is gritty too, then he sounds like he would be a good PAT.

Its common sense to anybody, nevermind someone of his position. I dont like how people somehow act as if Pats fans were behind Parker on that move.
    Most fans(Pats or not) recognize they needed to make the trade. But if you read RPs blog, a lot of the posts are "well Ebs and Teubs said they wanted to stay". Both those guys are going to play pro hockey, both understand its a business.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    he played well... got into a fight early in the 1st clearly won the fight hands down too.. kid can skate has a decent shot as well this kid will be a great asset for the Pats next season.

Tyler Parker is making Hunt look like a fool all year long as well... played in both home games this weekend, scored a goal against LETH the kid gets the puck & goes to the net with it. I really dont know why he didnt play more this year. I think he out worked Mitchell all weekend, if i remember correctly Parker also got the Hardest Working Pat on Friday night as well.

Also i do agree about the 20 yr olds & the Streuby comment. There is a reason this guy has a -20 guy skates like he has lead in his arse. Sometimes i wonder if keeping Czibere would of been a better choice, at least Czibere could win faceoffs & was reliable in our own end. May not be been the most offensive player but was a leader & could of been used in key situations.
    Czibere had alot of character and experience with the Giants and maybe in retrospect i think that he may have been a better choice at capturing a 20 spot.Czibere is a responsible player.I am not sure if i agree with you about Tyler Parker.He works hard but lacks speed and strength but he is still young but honestly cant see him cracking a second line role but the Pats picked him up and must see something longterm with him