Thread: 3 Pats to AHL 1 to ECHL

Iconwhl 3 Pats to AHL 1 to ECHL

The hockey season will continue for a handful of Regina Pats. The club's WHL season ended with a 3-1 loss in Brandon last night but four players have been called up to pro hockey and will leave today. They are Jordan Eberle (Springfield, AHL), Colten Teubert (Ontario, ECHL), Carter Ashton (Norfolk, AHL) and Garrett Mitchell (Hershey, AHL). 100-point scorer Jordan Weal will also suit up for Canada at the World Under-18 Hockey Championships.

Just as i figured, Teubert is not ready for the AHL with this move showing that he isnt ready for the AHL gives alot of doubt that he will make the AHL next season. I really dont think he is worth being in the AHL any time soon. It would be a total waste in his development if next season the Kings send him to the ECHL, he would get much more valueable ice time in the WHL, he still has ALOT to prove at the junior level.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    Just as i figured, Teubert is not ready for the AHL with this move showing that he isnt ready for the AHL gives alot of doubt that he will make the AHL next season. I really dont think he is worth being in the AHL any time soon. It would be a total waste in his development if next season the Kings send him to the ECHL, he would get much more valueable ice time in the WHL, he still has ALOT to prove at the junior level.
    Have you looked at the Monarchs roster? Just count the number of defencemen on that list. They have:

Drew Bagnell
    Andrew Campbell
    Thomas Hickey
    David Kolomatis
    Alec Martinez
    Patrick Mullen
    Doug Nolan
    Joe Piskula
    Viatcheslav Voyonov

....as defencemen. That is 9 defencemen on their roster. How would Teubert or any other defenceman fit in and get any icetime?

oh i know nivek... & its not looking any better next season either... which is why there is a great chance of Teubert coming back next season... the blog i posted right off the LA Kings website a few days ago gives alot of mixed feelings about where Teubert is in his development. Going to the ECHL next season would be a complete waste for a 20 yr old prospect.