Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Swift Current vs. Brandon

Hard to say anything negative about Swifty eventhough they lost 4-0. Solid, well coached team. It is too bad Tassone was out he is great two way player and would have helped you out.

I think you guys have alot to look forward to next season. Going to assume that Bobbee,Tassone and Friesen will be your 20 year olds and you have almost all of your top scorers back except for Stickland. Lowry will improve a great deal and replace that scoring easily and Scarlett will be a tower of power next season.

You have alot of good 17 year olds like Verdino,Vause,Evans,Sullivan and Blanke that will give you depth. Novotny is a solid Euro and perhaps you could add another Euro to add more depth.

I expect you to challenge Moose Jaw and Saskatoon next season

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
    . Going to assume that Bobbee,Tassone and Friesen will be your 20 year olds and you have almost all of your top scorers back except for Stickland. Lowry will improve a great deal and replace that scoring easily and Scarlett will be a tower of power next season.

You have alot of good 17 year olds like Verdino,Vause,Evans,Sullivan and Blanke that will give you depth. Novotny is a solid Euro and perhaps you could add another Euro to add more depth.

Tassone was 20 this year so won't be back. Both goaltenders will be 20 next year but I can't see keeping both. I for one am looking forward to next year, hopefully getting strength on the back end and at least one tough guy to protect the stars and young guys. Although Sully seems to be stepping up. Could be good with another year under his belt. Eakin should lead the team.

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
    Hard to say anything negative about Swifty eventhough they lost 4-0. Solid, well coached team. It is too bad Tassone was out he is great two way player and would have helped you out.

I think you guys have alot to look forward to next season. Going to assume that Bobbee,Tassone and Friesen will be your 20 year olds and you have almost all of your top scorers back except for Stickland. Lowry will improve a great deal and replace that scoring easily and Scarlett will be a tower of power next season.

I expect Dowling, Bobbee and a player aquired via trade to be our 20's next year.

We return a lot of talent though, and if we can get the goaltending question solved will be a very strong team (especially if we can convince Richardson to sign with us)

Thanks for the year Broncos! Some good things are coming our way in the next few years!
    Stickland-Thanks for the big hits and the consistent efforts from you every single night!
    Claffey- Thanks for the helping our young D and the amount of minutes logged every night, injured or not, you were a great leader for our club!
    Tassone- I'm gonna miss your passion and watching you chirp to get into your oppents heads, I always loved watching that!
    Good luck you three, you'll always be remembered in Swift Current for the good things you did for our club! Always tough to see a huge part of the team say farewell!

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Toswammi View Post
    I expect Dowling, Bobbee and a player aquired via trade to be our 20's next year.

We return a lot of talent though, and if we can get the goaltending question solved will be a very strong team (especially if we can convince Richardson to sign with us)
    Richardson and Ortio would be so key.

Quote Originally Posted by eighty View Post
    Richardson and Ortio would be so key.
    Both are question marks, as we have already heard about Evan. But those two would make us a very dangerous team next year.