Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: G1: SC @ BDN

Default G1: SC @ BDN

It's finally here, after a tremendous season full of excitement and the pleasure of watching one of the top teams in junior hockey...the real season begins tonight against Swifty. Gotta love the playoff atmosphere!!

All-Time Favorite.

Looking forward to it

Moose Jaw already upset Calgary last night hopefully the boys see that and bury Swifty early

I already have my tickets, but what is the situation with attendance tonight and tomorrow? Anyone know?

Luber says just over 3100 tickets sold. Very sad but happens every year at the start of the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltz9 View Post
    Luber says just over 3100 tickets sold. Very sad but happens every year at the start of the playoffs.
    It sad but its louder in there with the 3500-ish that show up for the playoffs than it is with the 4800 in the regular season. The 1300 difference is usually business people and seniors. Business people its a cheap write off for them, and seniors it gives them an excuse to get out of the house in the winter.

GO WHEAT KINGS GO

I hope the Broncos see what Moose Jaw did last night and more importantly, I hope Clark can do the same thing and stop your fire power! We definately need our goalie to be our best player against your boys! Go Broncos Go!

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

4-1 wheaties

Quote Originally Posted by trucker View Post
    I hope the Broncos see what Moose Jaw did last night and more importantly, I hope Clark can do the same thing and stop your fire power! We definately need our goalie to be our best player against your boys! Go Broncos Go!
    The differance being Calgary only has one offensive threat and the Wheat Kings have 3 full lines of them possibly 4! And not to mention the O' our backend can put up as well ie; Robak, Homanic and Urbom...

Quote Originally Posted by brandonboy View Post
    The differance being Calgary only has one offensive threat and the Wheat Kings have 3 full lines of them possibly 4! And not to mention the O' our backend can put up as well ie; Robak, Homanic and Urbom...
    I will agree that Robak and Homanic are good, but in the three games i ahve seen in person (i know it is a small sample size), Urbom has been one of, if not the worst defenseman on the ice.

Default Urbom

Quote Originally Posted by Toswammi View Post
    I will agree that Robak and Homanic are good, but in the three games i ahve seen in person (i know it is a small sample size), Urbom has been one of, if not the worst defenseman on the ice.
    Yes, unfortunately Urbom does not seem to play up to his billing. He has a rocket for a shot tho, and does read the play fairly well. It would be nice if instead of holding dudes and getting penalties he would just actually hit someone.

However, if you think he's bad, then watch Melnychuk sometime. LOL

I don't think Swifty's goalie is going to go Bosch on us tonight tho, I'm thinking 6-3 final!!!