Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: G1: SC @ BDN

I can understand putting Hale in a game, if things we're chippy the game before so he can kind of "police" the game, and try and keep the other teams tough guys honest. I don't think we really need him to be physical, it seemed like guys picked it up in the second...Schenn finally reminded me of the way he played last season, got a lot more physical and was punishing guys.

All-Time Favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo24 View Post
    I hope Walker is in instead of Hale tonight. He has been really good over the past month and hale to me is to slow.
    Your right, bring Walker back but instead of sitting Hale, they should sit Schnieder and put Hale on the back end again!

Quote Originally Posted by brandonboy View Post
    Your right, bring Walker back but instead of sitting Hale, they should sit Schnieder and put Hale on the back end again!
    I actually like Schnieder. He has good speed and some offence in his game. Swifty is to fast to have Hale on the backend.

Quote Originally Posted by dagley View Post
    Urbom has improved over the course of the season, and I'm pretty comfortable when him and Melnychuk are on the ice.
    I've watched quite a few games and I think Urbom is a huge asset especially moreso 2nd half of season.At one point before the Hamonic trade ,I thought he was our best defenceman although Robak is getting a little more involved physically which was missing from his game. Melnychuk ,I only cringe once every game or two compared to a dozen times a game last year is testament to how far he has come. They have all had their moments including Robak and Hamonic where they have looked less than great but they all make mistakes . I've been quite happy with our defence lately . Depending on how our goaltending goes this playoff, this might be the best Wheat King team ever put together.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo24 View Post
    I actually like Schnieder. He has good speed and some offence in his game. Swifty is to fast to have Hale on the backend.
    I agree with you on Hale's speed but he does make up for it with good plays in his own end. And I like Schnieder as well but I really dont think we can take the only muscle in the lineup right now out of it.... I know we have Bestland and Ferland out there but Bestland at best is a real good hitting mw and Ferland can still not fight which was apperent last night when he had to turn a couple down. Hale will keep Swifty honest and when he was filling in for Schnieder he played great and I personaly thought he was one of our best dmen out there those nights!
    As for how some of our D played last night... Robak looked a bit off in the first half but regained his composure. But Urbom, how the heck are you so dam big and get consistanly out muscled on the boards by guys half your size (even Rajala played more physical)? I noticed that Swifty was trying to get Hamonic worked up and in turn take some pim's but he held it together ( I still have no idea how he got a penalty for discarding a broken stick).... And was it just me or was Bestland hitting everything that moved out there last night? Even more than usuall....

Decent game last night though all in all. The Schenn line was once again uncontainable and if it wasn't for Clark they could have put up a few more ie; the save on Schenn in the second, WOW! The fourth line didn't play much at all, but when they did it looked as if no one on Swift Current wanted much to do with the puck...lol Also did anyone else notice Fehr paying back this game as if he was a third D when his line was on the ice?

Believe me Ferland didn't turn down those fights it was the other way around.
    Got no angle, gotta dangle!

Quote Originally Posted by pensfan87 View Post
    Ferland and Miller are going to be beasts the next 2 years....
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Ferland and Miller are going to be beasts the next 2 years....
    you realize you sound like pierre maguire

So I meant to post this before game 1, worked out goals per line and defence pairing in the regular season and see how they compare in the playoffs. Regular season these combo's averaged 4.93 gpg.

Schenn line 1.75 gpg
    Fehr line 1.39 gpg
    Readeke line 0.76 gpg
    Ciarelli line 0.25 gpg

#4 & #12 0.32 gpg
    #3 & #26 0.28 gpg
    #28 and #7 0.18 gpg

After game #1
    Schenn line 4 gpg
    Fehr line 0 gpg
    Readeke line 1gpg
    Ciarelli line 0 gpg

#4 & #12 0 gpg
    #3 & #26 0 gpg
    #28 and #7 0 gpg
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by pensfan87 View Post
    Ferland's hand is still messed, a friend of mine said his buddy and Ferland know each other and his knuckle is still pretty messed up.

All-Time Favorite.