Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: SUSPENSIONS FROM GAME #2

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    I don't think you could even call those fights, I don't know if more than one of the Rebels even got their gloves off.

What exactly would he get a suspension for? He had nothing to do with the reckless contact with the Blades goaltender. He also didn't put three of his biggest knuckledraggers out on the ice at the end of the game for a powerplay, and actually put out a penalty killing unit out with three out of the four players being players that I don't recall ever having a WHL fight before. Four does seem like a lot for a coach though, I was expecting one or two. If you look at the body language of the refs in this game, they looked PISSED, and I suspect that they had some input into the suspensions.
    He had nothing to do with it? Are you serious? And then to throw four guys under the bus when he knew revenge was coming was a real pathetic move. If any of the Rebels would have been hurt in that brawl it would be directly on Wallins head.

Quote Originally Posted by dodywood4ever View Post
    He had nothing to do with it? Are you serious? And then to throw four guys under the bus when he knew revenge was coming was a real pathetic move. If any of the Rebels would have been hurt in that brawl it would be directly on Wallins head.
    So if Rebel was hurt in this Attack it wasn't a brawl it was the blades Attacking the Rebels the blame would fall on the coach who's team was Attacked not the Coach or players who did the Attacking. Interesting.
    So Lorne is not to blame. And if it was for hitting Stanford. How hurt was Stanford did he leave the game is he going to play next game. Was it season ending.

This is putting a black mark on hockey right now I like a good fight now and again but this was brutal. These hockey players are just kids.
    www.childrenswish.ca

Quote Originally Posted by dodywood4ever View Post
    He had nothing to do with it? Are you serious?
    What exact role did he play in Cowen hitting the goaltender? With evidence provided to back up your claim, of course.

And then to throw four guys under the bus when he knew revenge was coming was a real pathetic move. If any of the Rebels would have been hurt in that brawl it would be directly on Wallins head.
    The officials warned both benches before the faceoff. The Rebels are in tough in this series, and Wallin, like the players I am sure, didn't want to have an entire line suspended. Molleken was angry, and in his rage he threw his 4 guys under the bus by putting them in a position where they could be suspended for multiple games.

I don't know if any of you ever played hockey at that level or not but it sounds like most of you haven't

Sorry to say if a team is running over your goalie accidentally or not the **** is going to hit the fan. Blaming the coach because you think he is the only one who is pissed is wrong. I can tell you from experience that every player on that bench was pissed.

As much as you like to think these are kids out there, they are not really. They are young men who in days past might be off fighting a war. Junior hockey is not a place to coddle and treat gently. It is a tough place to play and if you can't handle the consequences of the actions you or your teammates get involved in then don't play.

It was clear the refs for whatever reason felt it was ok for Red Deer to run over Saskatoon's goalie. If that is the case there is only one way to deal with that. Send over your toughest guys (fyi one of which is a 16 year old) and have them exact some retribution.

I agree it sounds like most of you have never played hockey. The coach is in control of these situations especially in the final minute after the bench was just warned, if you seriously think that Moelleken didn't send those guys out to do just that then you are kidding yourself. Anybody who has played a high level of hockey has had a coach tell him to do something or knew what he was to do when he is put on the ice in that situation. If one guy went after a Rebel at the face off it would be one thing but he sent out a goon unit and they did what they were asked and expected to do...the only thing missing was the chief with his head dress

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelsfan13 View Post
    I agree it sounds like most of you have never played hockey. The coach is in control of these situations especially in the final minute after the bench was just warned, if you seriously think that Moelleken didn't send those guys out to do just that then you are kidding yourself. Anybody who has played a high level of hockey has had a coach tell him to do something or knew what he was to do when he is put on the ice in that situation. If one guy went after a Rebel at the face off it would be one thing but he sent out a goon unit and they did what they were asked and expected to do...the only thing missing was the chief with his head dress
    Seriously if you are upset your team got there collective butts handed to them you really need to ask them why they ran over the goalie not once not twice but three times that game? Oh ya thats right the Rebels have scored exactly 0 goals in those 2 games.

Look at Saskatoon's lineup. You think the dress McNaught,Gogol,Dzuizynski and company for looks? Play with the Bull you will get the horns

Tell your boys to Man up.

And no at no time did Molleken tell his guys to go out and goon it up. Again if you played you don't need to be told you already know what to do

And no at no time did Molleken tell his guys to go out and goon it up.

just wondering then joe why did the ref talk to Molleken for at least 2 minutes after the cowen hit telling him to switch lines and/or dont do anything stupid. your coach must have told them cause isnt it odd that all of the 5 players went after us. they had there assignment and they completed it and now they are paying for it.

I am not upset, the Rebels are getting their butts handed to them and they need to pick it up if they have any chance of winning a game let alone the series. The Rebels are a young team and will be better next year because of their experience this year! Saskatoon's time is now, they have 9 19 year olds and we all know that they won't all be there next year! This is your chance at making a run for the title (by the way Red Deer already has one and has been in the league a lot less) and if you don't do it this year then you will be waiting again for a few more years while you rebuild.

As for guys knowing what to do if you read what I said above the coach either told you or you know what to do....Moelleken was warned if he listened to the warning he would have told his players not to, and no one goes against the coach, if you played you know that!

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    And no at no time did Molleken tell his guys to go out and goon it up.

just wondering then joe why did the ref talk to Molleken for at least 2 minutes after the cowen hit telling him to switch lines and/or dont do anything stupid. your coach must have told them cause isnt it odd that all of the 5 players went after us. they had there assignment and they completed it and now they are paying for it.
    Did he send them out to score? No. But he didn't gather them at the bench and tell them what to do. Those guys know what they are out there to do.

all im saying is the coach sent them out there they new what the coach wanted them to do and they did it. he had the chance to change lines and he didnt.