Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 20 year olds

Default 20 year olds

Just curious who your 20 year olds are going to be next year, as a Rebel fan I am curious to see if Mappin sticks around.

Personally i'd be happier if Mappin sticks around over Orfino... Mappin had played good up until his late season injury.

As of right now we only have 2 players who will be our 20 yr olds next season & thats Orfino & Mappin (but i still feel Teubert will be sent back to junior, cuz he is no where close to being ready for pro hockey)

Hrcina there is no way we bring him back as a 20 yr old & even if for whatever crazy reason the Pats wanted him as a 20 yr old not sure why he would return as we hardly used him as a 19 yr old.

Teubert was one of the best dmen in the league this year, and being a 1st round pick, I dont see coming back as an option at all, He has nothing else to learn up here. He has apparently been very good in the ECHL, and should make the AHL next year(though the defensive depth is going to be tough to crack). His role will be reduced but they dont expect him to be a number 1 defenceman in the NHL anyways.

Sorry to poop on your birthday cake, but Im 100 percent sure that Teubert is not coming back, especially when looking at his junior resume. Another year in junior would just slow his development down.

That being said, as for us...a player like teubert or mccolm is exactly the type of player we need as a 20. Our D is looking a little small and soft right now. Mappin should stay as a saavy scoring winger, and it wouldnt hurt to pick up another 20 year old forward to create some competition at camp.

to be honest i dont care if Teubert comes back or not.... but in all honesty he isnt ready for pro hockey at all.... the WJs r all politics, only guys who get a chance r guys who r high draft picks or top prospects, other players dont even get a look, im surprised Pyett even got a look at age 19.

Teubert makes way to many mistakes cuz of his aggressive play, gets burnt way to many times. Teubert will have a very tough time cracking the AHL roster with LA depth on the backend, & going to the ECHL is not going to help his development at all. I also dont think he was 1 of the best defensemen in the WHL this year, Davidson was way more dominate & smarter then Tuebert was. I like Tuebert dont get me wrong, i know he is always going to be a depth guy & wont see the NHL until he is at least 24 yrs old. I just dont see him developing in the ECHL as he would with another year of junior. Another year of junior wouldnt hurt him by any means. Also he hasnt accomplished anything at the junior level besides being on the WJ team (which his 1st round selection is why he got that look, as its all politic's) Robak is twice the Dman that Teubert is but is only a 2nd round pick which gave Teubert the edge in camp plain and simple.

Disagree with alot of that, but I guess we will see how things shake out.

I think you are just too used to having a 40+ point defenceman on your team thats also one of the most physical players in the league. This year, youll see how much the pats miss Teubert.

...and I think you overrate Robak. Though a good player, his stats are certainly inflated by being on the dynamic wheaties. Not only his offensive stats, but the plus/minus as well. There was a reason he got cut(outside of politics) and that is because he wasnt a top 4 offensive guy in the CHL(stats arent everything), and his style didnt fit in a bottom pairing role. There just wasnt a place for him on that team.

Robak is also a very soft player, too.

Oh i dont look at stats at all when i look at a defenseman, the whole point to a defenseman is to defend.... Tuebert could get zero points for a whole season and i wouldnt care. Actually any defenseman for that matter.... the point im trying to make & the Kings have pointed it out as well is Teubert is too aggressive and gets beat cuz of this.

Yes he is a very physcial Dman but he needs to learn when to do it & not get beat.... He makes alot of bad defensive reads, which i think is just him trying to do too much on a weak backend that the Pats had.

not sure if Tuebert or Eberle will back for another year of junior.I would also disagree that both world junior players would have nothing to gain by playing another year of junior.They would learn how to win .As good as both players were,they could have been more dominant and they could also have both been better at not making the risky play as Regina gave up Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many goals

Well there is no hope in hell Eberle gets returned to junior.. id have a better chance at winning the lottery then him coming back.... Tuebert tho well lets just say i personally think its a 50/50 chance of where he goes

I'll bet you 1000 dollars that Teubert doesn't return to junior.

ya my 50/50 chance was abit out to lunch.... he will be in the ECHL next year looking at the LA kinds depth chart... he is far down list.... but i just dont think the ECHL is going to develop him much at all.