Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Game 2 WHL final

Quote Originally Posted by mccabe23
    Why did Later get a 10 minute misconduct while serving a penalty? Anybody see or hear anything?
    What I was told, afters speaking with the guy working the box, was that Later spit on the door handle. The gentleman asked him not to do this and Later came back with "colourful" remarks and did it again. More words were exchanged and at the first stoppage of play Herman was called over.

Normally when I post about games and hockey I try, to a degree, to be politically correct. I try not to stir up the mix or get to emotional about my team or another. This changes right here for this post!

I know there is another string on here about Later but I have to say something - this guy is a joke! I didn't know about the water bottle incident for game 1 but last night I did see him make an attempt to jab a fan with his hockey stick. A fan, I might add, that 9 times out of 10 has a child sitting with him. What a class act - NOT!

Fortunately someone within the Rockets organization saw this as well. Not sure if something was said to Brandon but I know something was said to security if a repeat performance occurred.

So what is it with Brandon? Can they only win games by taking out the other teams’ players and by being a bunch of goons? Do we really want a team like this to be representing the WHL for all of Canada to see? :burningma God forbid them actually getting to the Memorial Cup. Someone would have to warn Sidney Crosby that Stone may line him up from across the rink and hit him from behind into the boards, or tell all goalies that the better watch for Later crashing the net with the sole intent to harm them. Better yet - tell them not to worry about Fehr making a break away since he is a selfish player that will not pass it off to his team mates.

Fortunately, this will not be necessary since Kelowna will finish this off in the Brandon barn - in front of all those people who think it is Halloween and are dressed up like empty seats. Go ahead and stay at home folks - not worth you time. Your Brandon Wheat Kings are done!
    DoubleDee

Default No BWK ...

I can honestly say that I did not see it. But after the game I went with a friend and asked what happened.... the off-ice official told us this tid bit and chose not to tell us about any other antics that went on. The guys in the box here are pretty easy going so to have rilled them up enough to bring over the ref...there had to be more than what he told us. Its too bad actually, I think Later is a good player, sadly his antics outwiegh his abilities.

Go Rockets Go !!!
    We're here for a good time....not a long time !! Go Rockets Go !!!

Quote Originally Posted by kevanie97
    Lovintherockets hit it on the head, he spit twice and the off ice official notified the ref and it was goodbye you clown but lets not mention when he left at the end of the 2nd period and he swung his stick through the tarp covering the visiting team at 2 fans that were heckling him and almost hit them.............class act that Later is just like the rest of the
    Have a nice summer and get those golf clubs warm.
    Sorry Kevanie97 and lovintherockets...I was so riled up that I didn't finish reading the posts before I put in my 2 cents about the spitting and stick incident. You did address this but I also stand behind my remarks in my post about Brandon.
    DoubleDee

He spit on the handle in anger over his first 10 minute penatly, the exact handle the official has to grap to open, the official handed him a towel and said clean it off please, later told him to go **** himself and asked who did he think he was to ask him to clean it and then spit on it again and repeated the go **** yourself, the official then called the ref over and explained the situation and the ref said see you LATER.

Thats abuse and does warrant a suspension, wether he gets one is anybodys guess since the league really isn't showing any balls with his antics.

He also swung his stick at two fans that were heckling above the tarp were the visiting team leaves, this was noticed by myself and another employee of the Rockets who was standing under the tarp when he did it.The league has been notified of this as well and a report has been written and filed with the league on both instances.

And I completely agree with your comments DD and Lovintherockets and you both ROCK..........Squiqster you owe me a beer as well

rinkrat Guest

He also swung his stick at two fans that were heckling above the tarp were the visiting team leaves, this was noticed by myself and another employee of the Rockets who was standing under the tarp when he did it.
    A) how did he swing his stick at fans ABOVE the tarp? How did he even see them? They should've had the tarp pulled down properly.

B) What was done with the abusive fans? I believe security is there to protect the players from whacko fans.Just like the recent NBA incident.

Quote Originally Posted by rinkrat
    A) how did he swing his stick at fans ABOVE the tarp? How did he even see them? They should've had the tarp pulled down properly.

B) What was done with the abusive fans? I believe security is there to protect the players from whacko fans.Just like the recent NBA incident.
    The tarp was pulled down but he swung in between the tarp and the hoist that lowers it, all the fans were doing were heckling so stop trying to make excuses for him you idiot. If he can't handle heckling then he needs to pick a different profession.

All you do rink rat is show your lack of knowledge with each and every post you have, go find a kleenex and after wiping your eyes polish your golf clubs and join the loser Vancouver Midgets on the links.

C.F Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rinkrat
    I'm just as entitled to be on this board as all the other fans.Remember you guys extolling the virtues of this warm and fuzzy,respectfull board?
    This is something he doesn't seem to get.

You being Kelowna fan doesn't make you special Kevanie. This is an open board, anyone is allowed to post their oppinion on this series if it's respecful. I made that word bold especially for you.

And the lame personal attacks are for 10 year olds. Talk like a grown-up.

rinkrat Guest

Is that posted on the white board, verbatim as well?
    Just grow up and be civil.We all love the same game!
    Last edited by HAF; 05-08-2005 at 07:00 PM.

rinkrat Guest

He spit on the handle in anger over his first 10 minute penatly, the exact handle the official has to grap to open, the official handed him a towel and said clean it off please, later told him to go **** himself and asked who did he think he was to ask him to clean it and then spit on it again and repeated the go **** yourself, the official then called the ref over and explained the situation and the ref said see you LATER.

Thats abuse and does warrant a suspension, wether he gets one is anybodys guess since the league really isn't showing any balls with his antics.

He also swung his stick at two fans that were heckling above the tarp were the visiting team leaves, this was noticed by myself and another employee of the Rockets who was standing under the tarp when he did it.The league has been notified of this as well and a report has been written and filed with the league on both instances.

And I completely agree with your comments DD and Lovintherockets and you both ROCK..........Squiqster you owe me a beer as well

Re: What is more believable to me is...
    by Unbias Fan
    If you don't know what happened don't comment on it Wheatie.

He also swung his stick at to fans that were heckling above the tarp we the visiting team leaves, this was noticed by myself and another employee of the Rockets who was standing under the tarp when he did it.The league has been notified of this as well and a report has been written and filed with the league on both instances.

Posted on May 8, 2005, 12:37 PM
    Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
    Advertisement:

Look familiar kevy?Not getting enough attention? Is it posted on any other boards?
    C'mon you can have the last word.

Hey rinkrat...I don't know if you have noticed, but seem to have stumbled upon the Kelowna Rockets section of WHLFans.ca...Imagine, you comeing and insulting a rocket fan on a rocket board. Also coming on here and standing up for an IDIOT that we obviously have o respect for. I must admit you have some balls rinky...And BTW...Your insulting him because he copied and pasted his own comment on two different boards? ROTFLMFAO...THat manure they use to keep the grass on the golf courses in shape must have gotten to your head bud.....