Thread: Lucky number four

Post Lucky number four

Four goals in game four gave the Moose Jaw Warriors a 2 game series lead in a best of seven. The Warriors took games 1 & 2 in Calgary - with four goals scored in each win. Four seems like the magic number for the tribe.

Game four began with another Jason Bast goal to get the crowd on its feet. Nearing the 8:00 minute mark, the hockey game seemed to take a lucky home bounce. On the power play, Warriors defensemen Chad Suer banked a shot off the boards which took a sharp angle onto Martin Jones. The shot surprised Jones and gave the Warriors a 2 goal lead. Joel Broda would silence the excited fans with a power play goal to end the first.

The second twenty began with a Thomas Frazee marker to put the Warriors back up by a pair. The fourth Warriors goal would come in the second on a Hitmen turnover, picked up by Frazee and snipped to a streaking Nathan MacMaster who would score his first of the playoffs.

The last period showcased just why the Hitmen are the best in the East. Pressing hard, youngster Cody Sylvester and Giffen Nyren both beat Bosch to bring the Hitmen within one. In the dying minutes, Calgary made a push for the equalizer. With every Warrior blocking shots and a steady Jeff Bosch, the Warriors grabbed their third win of the series.

The Warriors head back to Calgary for game 5 Thursday.

http://www.mjwarriors.ca/news/2079/

You know what,

As much as we poke fun at Moose Jaw, I am very happy for their success. It'd be nice to see that franchise flourish again, and I am sure the new rink will help out a ton.

That said, if(when?!) you knock Calgary out, I hope my Wheat Kings make short work of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Malc View Post
    Four goals in game four gave the Moose Jaw Warriors a 2 game series lead in a best of seven. The Warriors took games 1 & 2 in Calgary - with four goals scored in each win. Four seems like the magic number for the tribe.

Game four began with another Jason Bast goal to get the crowd on its feet. Nearing the 8:00 minute mark, the hockey game seemed to take a lucky home bounce. On the power play, Warriors defensemen Chad Suer banked a shot off the boards which took a sharp angle onto Martin Jones. The shot surprised Jones and gave the Warriors a 2 goal lead. Joel Broda would silence the excited fans with a power play goal to end the first.

The second twenty began with a Thomas Frazee marker to put the Warriors back up by a pair. The fourth Warriors goal would come in the second on a Hitmen turnover, picked up by Frazee and snipped to a streaking Nathan MacMaster who would score his first of the playoffs.

The last period showcased just why the Hitmen are the best in the East. Pressing hard, youngster Cody Sylvester and Giffen Nyren both beat Bosch to bring the Hitmen within one. In the dying minutes, Calgary made a push for the equalizer. With every Warrior blocking shots and a steady Jeff Bosch, the Warriors grabbed their third win of the series.

The Warriors head back to Calgary for game 5 Thursday.

http://www.mjwarriors.ca/news/2079/
    As my second favorite team in the dub, GO WARRIORS GO!!!!!!
    Always Remembered

Lets go Tribe!

All-Time Favorite.

I think this series will be won or lost by "the tribe" in game 6. Calgary wins tonight and whoever wins in "the crushed can" in game 6 wins the series! Let's hope we are off to the "the Jaw" to start the second round.