Disappointing end to game seven on my end anyway, but it was a good game. Gotta give Portland tons of credit, they never gave up. Never seen a series like this one and it appears that the league never has either as this was the first time the road team won every game in a series. It's scary to think how good this team is going to be the next couple of seasons. Good luck the rest of the playoffs.

On an unrelated note, I was curious, so I did some digging and the Chiefs haven't won a home playoff OT game since 2003 having lost their last 7 in a row. For whatever reason, the Chiefs just can't manage to win OT games on home ice. The Chiefs have gone 6-4 in road OT playoff games since 2003. I also believe this was the first time the Chiefs have lost game 7 of a best of 7 series at home, but I'm not 100% sure that's correct.

On the Chiefs end, it's a pretty sad ending for quite a few players on this team. Letts, Bartman, Spurgeon, Beach, Ulmer and Wahl are all gone. Johnson is most likely gone, and Koper and Cowen I would estimate at about 50/50. We'll see just how much guys like Gal and Kuhn etc are going to step up next season, but it sure looks like it's going to be a rebuilding year. And if guys like Koper and Johnson leave, then the Chiefs won't have much for trading to help rebuild quicker either. Hopefully the Chiefs scouting department has a few players in their sights that they can list next year to help speed up the process! But it's going to be an interesting year given it will be the first year in awhile where there will be low expectations. I'm looking forward to it!

To all the Chiefs moving on I wish you all good luck in both your hockey careers and your lives outside of hockey.