Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Pretty quiet in here

[QUOTE=Wheatie Pete;150591][
    QUOTE]Holy **** you guys have access to the internet. Isnt that like against your believes, technology and all. I thought hutterites werent even allowed to have electricity. Well anyway obviosly you werent at the game to realize Blades outplayed the miniwheats on Friday and were beat by officials making stupid calls on blowing play dead for a goal and missing highstick. And saturday wasnt even a hockey game! More like a game between officials who could blow whistle harder. I imagine they did more of that in there dressing room after the game! Blades will take 2 of 3 in Brandon!

Might want to upgrade your Vic 20 to a 21st century computer. The WHL website offers the games live for a small price. I watched the game too. You may have to save up your cans and bottles and pay to watch your over matched Blades lose in Brandon. That is, if your not gonna take your sister out on a date Wednesday.

We won a sloppy 1st game, but by no means outplayed. Cry and whine all you want about the refs, but they replayed all of the penalties and they were all undisciplined penalties from a team melting down. You were just out played and out classed.

The coaching angle did come into effect when your assistant coach kept putting out your best line against our best checking line. Even when you had last change! For both games.

I agree it's not over and the blades are gonna bring it on Wednesday, but they really have to show me more than they did in the first two games to change my mind.

The first game you were outplayed not by a huge margain but were outplayed for sure, goaltending was the difference that game. Btw WHL WEB TV doesn't do it justice compared to seeing a game live you can go by what you saw on web tv all you want fact is it's choppy and not up to snuff

Brandon deserved game 2 no question about it now lets get ready for game 3 it's gonna be a doozy !!

http://www.saskatoonhomepage.ca/spor...-hopeless.html

Les Lazaruks blog for today good read

Good story, seems to be a pretty honest guy. A lot like Bruce Lubke our play by play guy. Not a homer , just tells it as it is. Unlike Mr`Peterson south of you.

That was a pretty good article, and I have to agree that the Blades are far from done, but have definitely dug themselves a hole.

However, the latter half of the article, and I realize that Lez isn't saying that personally, rather that is what he has heard, seems very hard to fathom. I know that of those teams listed, they do seem to have fairly good success, but are people really suggesting that the WHL is telling the refs to go harder on other teams just so those teams can win? Does the OHL tell the refs to screw over anyone who is playing the Spitfires? To me, it seems a little farfetched, but that is my opinion. I'd prefer to think that there are very intelligent hockey people behind the scenes of these organizations (not to take away from the other teams) that have brought in the right players and personnel to run successful franchises.

I too would like to believe that the WHL has alot more integrity than that.

Best of luck, see you on Wednesday night!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatie Pete View Post
    Good story, seems to be a pretty honest guy. A lot like Bruce Lubke our play by play guy. Not a homer , just tells it as it is. Unlike Mr`Peterson south of you.
    Lol, no kidding. Pedersen is a donkey.

yeah, why cant pedersen be more like Bruce "Eeyore" Lubke?

Let it go. If you dont like him(kind of like me with Jon "Ned Flanders" Keen or Lubke/others), then dont listen to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Digi View Post
    Lol, no kidding. Pedersen is a donkey.
    Hey we agree on something roddy is a cow tipping udder licker
    Last edited by lordstanley; 04-05-2010 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    Hey we agree on something roddy is a cow tipping utter licker
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogant_Jerk View Post
    yeah, why cant pedersen be more like Bruce "Eeyore" Lubke?

Let it go. If you dont like him(kind of like me with Jon "Ned Flanders" Keen or Lubke/others), then dont listen to him.
    Let it go? You make it seem like I make it a daily habit to say something bad about him. I was basically just agreeing that he is a homer. I really don't think he'd be that bad if he was a little more discerning about hockey, and not just the Pats.

Default Can`t say I like many play by play guys

Pederson is just low brow and just like the teams he announces for. He`s no Kirk Keelback. How many play by play guys stand up and clap when a player from the other team gets carried off of the ice. Ive see it first hand.

Arrogant Jerk shouldn`t you be on a golf course with the rest of your team

Shouldnt you be on your own forum gabbing about Schenn along with your multiplying bandwagon fanbase?

For whatever reason, you guys cant seem to find your own forum.