Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Toews to Brandon?

Default Toews to Brandon?

All-Time Favorite.

funny he'd choose next year instead of this year. Probably knew he would struggle to be a top 9 here this year.

I think he would have been top 9 easily. It might have meant they don't trade for Wiebe. He is a really solid player lost in the shuffle at ND. His game is much better suited for the WHL the college. I talked to him last summer and the Wheaties were really pushing for him to come this season but he wanted to honor his commitment to UND. Sounds like that soured though. People can talk all they want about how College teams treat there players but I bet UND has told him and a few others they won't be playing that much or at all.

He would come in as a 20 year old so I am guessing Wiebe,Toews and Bestland as 20 year olds?

It is going to a strange transition year next season

What a nice bonus for the Wheat Kings.

The College route does not always comes as advertised. There are a number of kids that gave up two years of WHL eligibilty to go play in the US College system, only to find that the school/program tries to back out of promises made. The bottom line is, if the coach that recruited you moves on, the chances of you getting lost in the suffle are great. The new coach has alignances with the player he has recruited and is not going to fulfill promises and commitments made by the last coach.

Toews has given up two years of development playing in a competitive league for 80 plus games a season on a team with top calibre talent and good coaching. If you truely want to play in the NHL, was the college route really the best option?

He really should have came here to begin with. He could have had 4 years already in the league with a chance at the Memorial cup. He would have been a 5 year man and whether he made it to the NHL or someone else to play hockey he would have had 5 years of paid College to fall back on

Lets look at the Lines next year. If Schenn is back then

Glennie Schenn Toews
    Wiebe Ferland Stone
    Sinatynski Ciarelli Walker
    ?????? Swripya ??????

Bestland Melnychuk
    Miller Fransoo
    Hunter Roy
    ????

Listom
    ??????

Not bad at all. Plus that leaves 2 imports. Perhaps we can snag a Defensman and Goalie in the import draft
    Last edited by Joe Hallenback; 05-10-2010 at 11:26 AM.

Schenn wont be back and you guys will be batteling with Regina to stay out of the basement

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
    Lets look at the Lines next year. If Schenn is back then

Glennie Schenn Toews
    Wiebe Ferland Walker
    Sinatynski Ciarelli Swyripa
    ?????? ?????? ??????

Bestland Melnychuk
    Miller Fransoo
    Hunter Roy
    ????

Listom
    ??????

Not bad at all. Plus that leaves 2 imports. Perhaps we can snag a Defensman and Goalie in the import draft
    Do you even know your team at all you forgot Stone lol

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    Schenn wont be back and you guys will be batteling with Regina to stay out of the basement
    LA has 3 Centers

Kopitar
    Stoll
    Handzus

They are set 1,2 and 3. He would be competing for the 4th line spot. The only way he is not back is if he blows them away at training camp. LA has no reason to rush Schenn. They have alot of players in the minors and they can let him come back dominate and play in the World Juniors

You should study history a little more Brandon has a way of always being competitive. If Schenn does come back that will give us a scary number 1 line backed up by a very good number 2 line. Alot will depend on goaltending and if we can some imports in.

I think Schenn has a 10 % chance in comming back i actually do see him being L.A's 4th line center heck the guy even got called up for a game this year as a 18 year old most teams don't do that unless there dead serious in keeping a guy and by the way Toews is way overated

I mean David Toews only had 26 points in 2 seasons while Jonathon Toews had 39 points in 1 season i really don't like the averege of 13 points a season for David ouch !!
    Last edited by lordstanley; 05-10-2010 at 12:11 PM.