Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Toews to Brandon?

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    I think Schenn has a 10 % chance in comming back i actually do see him being L.A's 4th line center heck the guy even got called up for a game this year as a 18 year old most teams don't do that unless there dead serious in keeping a guy and by the way Toews is way overated
    Reality is he was the closest centerman available to them on a bad day for travel....look back at what day this was on? American Thanksgiving. The next closest available guy was on the east coast and Schenn was in BC at the Superseries or whatever this was called. The Game he played in was in Vancouver so...reality is he was the closest available guy! Yes He will be an NHLer but I am not sure it will be next season.

Because our team is so use to bottom feeding right?

All-Time Favorite.

I think Schenn has a 10 % chance in comming back i actually do see him being L.A's 4th line center heck the guy even got called up for a game this year as a 18 year old most teams don't do that unless there dead serious in keeping a guy and by the way Toews is way overated

I mean David Toews only had 26 points in 2 seasons while Jonathon Toews had 39 points in 1 season i really don't like the averege of 13 points a season for David ouch !!
    Add another 0 to your percentage, and then you might be on to something. The Kings are way too deep up the middle for him to crack the NHL as a 19 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
    LA has 3 Centers

Kopitar
    Stoll
    Handzus

They are set 1,2 and 3. He would be competing for the 4th line spot.
    Not entirely true, a huge number of players that play center in junior end up playing wing in pro hockey. A centerman is basically a winger that can win faceoffs, and if they have a great deal of skill, and it turns out they aren't as great at faceoffs at the NHL level (or there are a number of other players on the team that are better at it), then they play on the wing. Him returning next season would be a huge bonus, but I wouldn't be counting on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    Not entirely true, a huge number of players that play center in junior end up playing wing in pro hockey. A centerman is basically a winger that can win faceoffs, and if they have a great deal of skill, and it turns out they aren't as great at faceoffs at the NHL level (or there are a number of other players on the team that are better at it), then they play on the wing. Him returning next season would be a huge bonus, but I wouldn't be counting on it.
    IMO he's not fast enough to play the wing. I'm not trying to knock Schenn, but that's where he needs improvement. Watching that one game when he was an emergency call up for LA, he was always the last forward in the play. If he had the speed of Glennie or Calvert then I would be much more worried about him not coming back next season.

Also because of the CBA uncertainty they have to account for his bonuses next year, meaning despite the fact he is only earning 950K + bonuses, they have to keep enough cap room(about 3.5 million) open in case he was to hit them all. A 3.5 million 19 year old playing on the 3rd or 4th line isnt good cap management

Colton Gillies made the Wild as a 19 year old anything can happen lol

Colton Gillies made the Wild as a 19 year old anything can happen lol
    What a mistake that was. How is he doing again? Oh right the same team that drafted Thelen 8th overall. That organization doesn't know **** all.

Quote Originally Posted by EOK1 View Post
    What a mistake that was. How is he doing again? Oh right the same team that drafted Thelen 8th overall. That organization doesn't know **** all.
    Jaques Lemaire was just starting to get good at ruining young players careers before he got canned Gillies was a decent power foward in the dub but to make it as a 19 year old blew my mind hell i thought he would even be back as a 20 let alone a 19 that was messed up

Default Basement???

Schenn wont be back and you guys will be batteling with Regina to stay out of the basement
    Man who are you joking! You will lose 5 of your top 6 scorers next year, your top goalie and best d-man. Out side of Inglis and maybe Patterson you don't have any scoring that won't be a 2o year old. Of those you have 8 20 year olds and I would imagine both of you imports will be gone. Of the 20 year olds remaining Zaun and Toomey may be the only ones who may be able to put the puck in the net.

Don't be thinking you are going to rule the division, on paper we have a better team. We will see though, KM is a magician at taking other peoples garbage and making gold( ie Steven Later from where??? oh ya Toon town for a song)

Don't rule out Toni coming back, think he is a year or so away from the pro game.

Member of the Grind Line, and he's gonna leave you black and blue!