Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Toews to Brandon?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatie Pete View Post
    Man who are you joking! You will lose 5 of your top 6 scorers next year, your top goalie and best d-man. Out side of Inglis and maybe Patterson you don't have any scoring that won't be a 2o year old. Of those you have 8 20 year olds and I would imagine both of you imports will be gone. Of the 20 year olds remaining Zaun and Toomey may be the only ones who may be able to put the puck in the net.

Don't be thinking you are going to rule the division, on paper we have a better team. We will see though, KM is a magician at taking other peoples garbage and making gold( ie Steven Later from where??? oh ya Toon town for a song)

Don't rule out Toni coming back, think he is a year or so away from the pro game.
    Oh yeah we don't have anyone who is gonna score Viedensky i heard from a very reliable source will be back just as Kytnar came back as a 20 this season so we have Viedensky Hamilton Patterson Nicholls Inglis Dziurzynski Benson thats 7 guys right there with a very soild defense and Morrison in net

Brandon most likely will have back Glennie Wiebe Stone and Ferland Walker to put the puck in the net not enough depth if you as me oh and i forgot the all mighty Toews lol another thing Rajala wont be back he has been told he has to head back to Finland for a year of millitary
    Last edited by lordstanley; 05-11-2010 at 03:46 PM.

Like cmon dude how do you think your gonna be competative again next season losing the likes of

Schenn
    Raedeke
    Calvert
    Lewadniuk
    Rajala
    Fehr
    Robak
    Hamonic
    Urbom
    Deserres/or Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    Oh yeah we don't have anyone who is gonna score Viedensky i heard from a very reliable source will be back just as Kytnar came back as a 20 this season so we have Viedensky Hamilton Patterson Nicholls Inglis Dziurzynski Benson thats 7 guys right there with a very soild defense and Morrison in net

Brandon most likely will have back Glennie Wiebe Stone and Ferland Walker to put the puck in the net not enough depth if you as me oh and i forgot the all mighty Toews lol another thing Rajala wont be back he has been told he has to head back to Finland for a year of millitary
    If your source isn't the Shark's GM and coach, STFU. Brandon never rebuilds, they reload. You certainly aren't new, so you must know that somehow, someway, Brandon will remain competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post

You honestly think there is a better chance of a Viedensky being returned that Schenn?? Hell, the odds are even better of Raedeke being returned that Viedensky.

I'm not including Viedensky in your list, cause there's about a 1% chance that a drafted, European 20 year old will be in the WHL. The funny part about your list is that the 5 Wheat Kings you listed out scored the 6 Blades (as I'm not counting Marek) this season 214-207. And the Blades will lose Klassen and Niemi for sure on the back end, and maybe Zahn and Elliot. (Highly unlikely for Elliot I know) So the stellar defense loses a lot of star power if that happens.

Rajala techincally doesn't have to serve his 1 year in the Finnish military. Service can be delayed for certain reasons until age 28. That being said, it is the popular opinion here in Brandon that he will return to Finland next year.

Brandon is probably due for an off year. Granted Kelly makes trade after trade that seems to improve the team for next to nothing(this year being an exception), and Al Macpherson and the rest of the staff do an incredible job scouting, there is a chance for a good year if Schenn returns. If he does, I'd hope KM doesn't pull a Parker and hesitate on trading him + Glennie at the deadline.

Brandon was voted as having the best prospects of any team in the WHL this year as voted on by the league GMs. That bodes well for our team in the future.

Keep your eyes peeled this week end and you might see who they consider their best prospects as Kelly has invited some down to watch some games this week end.
    I expect Toews will have an invite to come and have a look.
    Kelly does a exceptional job of keeping in contact with the PPL and making those kids feel they are welcome and important to Brandon. Most teams would have dropped Toews long ago assuming it was a done deal in ND. Kelly must have kept in contact enough to feel there was some hope there.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
    Brandon was voted as having the best prospects of any team in the WHL this year as voted on by the league GMs. That bodes well for our team in the future.
    I deffinitly agree that us and you guys may have the best prospects in the east conf !! no doubt about that

I am going to say one name but don't get nuts

Jaden Schwartz

He is going to go in the first round and from what I am hearing KM will be making a big push to convince him to come.

His Brother though was on the WCHA rookie team. I know he really wants to join his brother but going in the first round could mean a fast track to the NHL and if a team drafts him they may want to convince him to go that route

10. Default Jaden Schwartz

The Wheat Kings have the rights to Rylan Schwartz, but not Jaden.

Tri-City took Jaden in the 8th round of the 2007 draft. I think speculation was that McCrimmon might try to acquite Jaden at the time he was trying to get Rylan to report. Never happened that I am aware of.