Thread: Gaume Steps Down

Default Gaume Steps Down

The Rebels announced today that Assisstant Coach Dallas Gaume has resigned. He was with the Rebels from 1999.

Good luck Dallas.
    Shinyshoes
    'Cause if your going to hell, you may as well go with a smile on your face.
    KEEPING THE FAITH!!

Dallas is a good man I hope he does well at whatever does. Wonder if they hire someone else or just increase Thoma's responsibilities.

has anyone heard if they have filled the head coach position in Olds?
    Drop the Puck

Good luck Dallas! Dallas came on with Brent in 99 and was there for 11 years. I think he stayed on partly because of his longtime friendship with Brent but now that he isn't involved and Wallin was leading the show that he no longer had a reason to stay. Good luck on whatever you decide in the future Dallas!

I'd like to think Guame could land a head coaching position some where.

I am not sure he wants to. I was under the impression that he was first offered the head coaching job of the Rebels a few years back but that he turned it down.

Drinnan feels that Gaume should be a candidate for the Oil Kings head coaching job.

THE COACHING GAME:
    Derek Laxdal, the director of hockey operations and head coach of the ECHL’s Idaho Steelheads, wouldn’t comment when asked by the Idaho Statesman about an Edmonton Journal report that he is the leading candidate for the vacant head-coaching position with the WHL’s Edmonton Oil Kings. . . . Laxdal’s Steelheads were beaten 2-1 by the host Cincinnati Cylcones on Friday night. The Cyclones won the ECHL final for the Kelly Cup in five games. . . . With the Steelheads’ season over, we should find out rather quickly if Laxdal is the leading candidate with the Oil Kings, because it is believed that Edmonton GM Bob Green would like to have his head coach in place by month’s end. . . .
    You should add Dallas Gaume’s name to the list of potential head coaches, or at least to the list of candidates. Gaume resigned earlier this month after 11 seasons on the Red Deer Rebels’ coaching staff. For whatever reason, he was bypassed on more than one occasion when that club needed a head coach.