Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Memorial Cup Preview Show

Default Memorial Cup Preview Show

Did anybody catch the joke of a Memorial Cup preview show last night on sportsnet?

First off its disgusting how biased all these people are towards the OHL.

And the funniest comment came from one of the commentators when he was talking about the Wheat Kings. He said we have a good team, but most people think this team is one year away from being a contender.

Also thought it was funny when they were picking their 2 'steady eddies' from the leagues and decided to go with Darren Bestland.

I didn't mind them picking Bestland he is a pretty important guy on the backend and we really missed him during the Calgary series.

But ya it will be all Windsor all the time. They are a great team but it is always like this. Remember when Spokane went into Kitchener and shut everyone down? They had Kitchener the cup already. Same thing Last year with Kelowna who made it to the finals.

Check out Yahoo Sports page
    http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/juniorhockey

One of their stories reads "WHL host Wheat Kings are ready to show the CHL that their Winnipeg city is a "hockey town"."

Since when was Brandon a part of the province of Winnipeg?

Wow Taylor Hall makes Schenn look like a ***** tat

I had to change channels after the first period and a half.

Hard to watch such a one sided game.

Hope things go better for the Wheaties in the future games.

It's too bad the Wheat Kings don't have adequate goaltending,I saw it
    in the Calgary series ,how deflated the team got when the goalies didn't
    come up with stoppable pucks.......Jones and all good goalies make hard saves seem routine......I"m no expert on the Brandon team but was a bit shocked when I saw Hayes as the starter.....
    Last edited by armypower; 05-15-2010 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by armypower View Post
    come up with stoppable pucks.......Jones and all good goalies make hard saves seem routine......I"m no expert on the Brandon team but was a bit shocked when I saw Hayes as the starter.....
    That surely wasn't just a result of goaltending, McCrimmon is an idiot for starting Hayes though

All-Time Favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by armypower View Post
    Ya your not the only one surprised by that move, I'm sure Hayes thought KM was joking when he heard he was starting. But as Dagley said it was definitely not the only problem. Strategy and gameplan was and always has been our biggest problem imo. We just had no idea on how to combat their game, I think even the Hitmen will be hard pressed to beat them but I hope they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltz9 View Post
    Ya your not the only one surprised by that move, I'm sure Hayes thought KM was joking when he heard he was starting. But as Dagley said it was definitely not the only problem. Strategy and gameplan was and always has been our biggest problem imo. We just had no idea on how to combat their game, I think even the Hitmen will be hard pressed to beat them but I hope they can.
    Strategy/Game Play was evident. But how many times did we have 3 guys go at a puck and all fan on it. Windsor is SO good at the cross ice passes from boards to boards

Quote Originally Posted by dagley View Post
    That surely wasn't just a result of goaltending, McCrimmon is an idiot for starting Hayes though
    Im glad he is coaching your club. best of luck