Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: It all comes down to tonight

Iconcup It all comes down to tonight

Despite the obvious disappointment of losing the conference finals, the boys really showed some heart on friday by digging in and winning when it really mattered. It's hard to believe that the season is nearly over and that the biggest game in BWK history is only a few hours away.

So what are everyone's predictions for tonight?

My heart says 5-3 for the good guys but my head says 6-3 for the Spitfires.

All things aside, this team was a real treat to watch and this season has probably been my all-time favourite along side the 1995-96 campaign.

So to the whole team, management and all those affiliated with the organization this year, this Wheatie fan says thanks.

But we have one more game to win, lets get it done tonight and win that elusive Memorial Cup!

Go Wheaties Go!
    "You can't always win, but you can always feel like you deserve to"

Its hard to believe after tonight the season is over, regardless of the outcome tonight I couldn't be happier with the quality of hockey we have been able to see this season. Albeit the disappointment of the playoffs, and how this team has been able to rebound in this tournament when everyone counted us out from the beginning. We know our team had the skill set to compete with the top teams in the CHL.

Just be loud and proud, whether we win or lose...this team is special, and a real honor to watch play. This is the last game we will see for a lot of players, just not our overagers. I won't be disappointed as long as the effort level is there like it was on Friday. Win, or lose.

Heart: 5-2 Brandon
    Head: 5-2 Brandon

All-Time Favorite.

If the Wheaties play like they did on Friday they have a very good chance of winning tonight but that is a big if in my opinion. I really don't like either team and really don't see how Windsor doesn't win tonight. But I have been wrong before, including Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by dagley View Post
    Heart: 5-2 Brandon
    Head: 5-2 Brandon

lol!

Good luck tonight Brandon! I'm pulling for you!

Default good luck

good luck tonight wheaties you came this far and why stop now. cheer on the boys tonight like you never cheered before you never know when this oppurtunity will come again. represent the dub. GO WHEATKINGS GO

Congrats on a good season...you guys made the tournament interesting.

Remember that the journey towards the cup is just as important as winning it, and that the 'sweet' doesnt taste quite as good without having already had the 'sour'. Its one of the toughest trophies in hockey to win for a reason.

Maybe you guys should have picked up Eberle though...

Congrats on a good season Wheaties !!

Tough way to end the season but I don't think anyone of Calgary, Brandon, or Moncton stood a chance in this tournament. Windsor is clearly a tier or 2 above all the other great teams in the CHL. Nevertheless, congrats on a great season.

Default Congrats

on your season. A very tough loss to clearly the best team in the CHL. Good luck to all the guys moving on, and bring on next season.
    vc124

Well, another season in the books. It was a good one, although we never reached expectations..the season was a success. It was a somber feeling leaving the rink tonight, but...only a couple months and we're right back at it.

All-Time Favorite.