Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Great season one win short!!(Standing O for the team)

Unhappy Great season one win short!!(Standing O for the team)

Well we were one win away, only to get slammed back to earth. I think 5-10 years down the road we will see the Spitfires were the greatest CHL team of all time. There were no real weak spots to penetrate. Hats off to them. If Martin Jones was our goalie it might have been another story.

Matt Calvert will be missed, not many players that have worn the black and gold have emotionally, spiritually and physically carried a team and community like he has. You will be missed Matty.

Fehr and Lew were also great leaders of this team and much of what they brought to this team will be felt next year. Grit and scoring.

Break out the chalk board and lets get going for next year. We will have a solid nucleus for next season. Might not be quit as successful as this year, but my no means in the basement.

Arrogant jerk it was big of you to make a positive comment about the Wheats, lets renew the true rivalry of the east next year.

Big applause for all of the true Wheats fans on a year well cheered!!!

Member of the Grind Line, and he's gonna leave you black and blue!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatie Pete View Post
    Well we were one win away, only to get slammed back to earth. I think 5-10 years down the road we will see the Spitfires were the greatest CHL team of all time. There were no real weak spots to penetrate. Hats off to them. If Martin Jones was our goalie it might have been another story.

Matt Calvert will be missed, not many players that have worn the black and gold have emotionally, spiritually and physically carried a team and community like he has. You will be missed Matty.

Fehr and Lew were also great leaders of this team and much of what they brought to this team will be felt next year. Grit and scoring.

Break out the chalk board and lets get going for next year. We will have a solid nucleus for next season. Might not be quit as successful as this year, but my no means in the basement.

Arrogant jerk it was big of you to make a positive comment about the Wheats, lets renew the true rivalry of the east next year.

Big applause for all of the true Wheats fans on a year well cheered!!!
    If Schenn returns(and I think he will), we'll have a pretty solid first line again(Glennie-Schenn-Stone)

Where we are going to hurt the most is defense.
    Gone for sure: Robak, Hammer, Urbom
    Do you keep either of Schneider or Bestland as 20s?

Liston is the future in goal, I wouldn't be suprised to see Hayes stick around, albeit as a 20 year old backup.

Brandon would be wise if we are anywhere below the 4 seed in the east to ship off Schenn/Glennie at the deadline and not make the same mistake Regina made.

I predict Chad Lang and Hardy Sauter are both in the WC next year.

I'll be praying that Sauter and Lang don't land here. Chiefs fans have nothing good to say about him, and Lang...wasn't he hired to be GM straight out of a job in marketing? He never impressed me in MJ. I wouldn't feel good with either of them around. Kelly should just step back and be GM and hand the coaching reins to Chewy.

Not sure what is gonna happen with the OA situation but I wouldn't bank on De Serres, Hayes, or (especially) Hale returning. trade them for whatever we can get and bring in a 18/19 year old goalie with some Dub experience to push Liston. The OA situation could further be complicated if Toews does report (would he not be a 20?).

Hopefully we can get a decent defenceman in the Euro draft because like you said, thats where we will be hurting next year. I am hearing great things about Roy, but then again Cann was highly touted too. Hopefully the kid is as good as advertised.

All in all, I think we will have a decent team next year...
    "You can't always win, but you can always feel like you deserve to"

Quote Originally Posted by WHEATMAN View Post
    I'll be praying that Sauter and Lang don't land here. Chiefs fans have nothing good to say about him, and Lang...wasn't he hired to be GM straight out of a job in marketing? He never impressed me in MJ. I wouldn't feel good with either of them around. Kelly should just step back and be GM and hand the coaching reins to Chewy.

Not sure what is gonna happen with the OA situation but I wouldn't bank on De Serres, Hayes, or (especially) Hale returning. trade them for whatever we can get and bring in a 18/19 year old goalie with some Dub experience to push Liston. The OA situation could further be complicated if Toews does report (would he not be a 20?).

Hopefully we can get a decent defenceman in the Euro draft because like you said, thats where we will be hurting next year. I am hearing great things about Roy, but then again Cann was highly touted too. Hopefully the kid is as good as advertised.

All in all, I think we will have a decent team next year...
    Yep, Toews would be a 20, but would be a welcome addition as we are losing..

Raedeke, Wiebe, Fehr, Lewy, Rajala.

Quote Originally Posted by Allin44 View Post
    Yep, Toews would be a 20, but would be a welcome addition as we are losing..

Raedeke, Wiebe, Fehr, Lewy, Rajala.
    I am pretty sure Wiebe is a 19 and is eligible to come back next year. That begs the question, Do you go with Toews and Wiebe up front and keep Bestland on the backend? Or do you trade one of the two and keep Schneider as well?

And while Raedeke is probably gone I wouldn't consider it 100% I remember how much of a shock it was when Monych and Konsorada were returned, and the year before Christensen was returned to Kamloops after tearing the league up.

I am pretty sure Wiebe is a 19 and is eligible to come back next year. That begs the question, Do you go with Toews and Wiebe up front and keep Bestland on the backend? Or do you trade one of the two and keep Schneider as well?

And while Raedeke is probably gone I wouldn't consider it 100% I remember how much of a shock it was when Monych and Konsorada were returned, and the year before Christensen was returned to Kamloops after tearing the league up.
    Monych and Konsorada were returned because the NHL was on strike and there was no room in the AHL for them.

And Wiebe is 20 right now

Quote Originally Posted by Allin44 View Post
    Monych and Konsorada were returned because the NHL was on strike and there was no room in the AHL for them.

And Wiebe is 20 right now
    Yeah, he may be 20, but he just finished his 19 year old season and still has 1 year of junior eligibility left.

Rajala will only be 19 next year, he'll be back in Brandon. Like someone else said, the weakest part to this team will be the back end. Gone for sure are Robak (Florida), Hamonic (NYI), Urbom (NewJersey). That leaves just Miller, Melnychuk, Bestland and/or Schneider. Hayes has got to go please!!!!!!

Rajala is going back to Finland and is serving a year in there millitary and the LA Kings may sign Schenn and put him to the wing as there loaded at the center position if they sign him to a 6 hundred thousand dollar deal there not gonna have him playing in the minors

Yeah, he may be 20, but he just finished his 19 year old season and still has 1 year of junior eligibility left.
    Sorry, read that as, Wiebe will be a 19 next year and Im not sure why I included him in that list.