Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Great season one win short!!(Standing O for the team)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
    1. Glennie might very well be traded before next season starts. I am not sure what his off ice issues are but they seem to be getting in the way of what should be a very talented and important part of the team. It would not shock me to see him traded out west to Tri-City/Portland. Both those teams will be thinking they can make a run and Glennie SHOULD help them both.
    Tri-Cities could be likely. They have the second most Manitobans behind the Wheaties, and everyone knows KM likes local guys.

Iconcup

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Tri-Cities could be likely. They have the second most Manitobans behind the Wheaties, and everyone knows KM likes local guys.
    Portland is still too young for a serious run at anything yet.

The bigger question is: how and with what is B WheatKings going to compete with next year and in the next several years. Basically KM gave away the farm to chase the Memorial Cup this year. Great kids like Klarc Wilson now belong to Edmonton and Moose Jaw is still laughing at the gifts you gave them. Everyone knows the KM 'my way or the highway' philosophy and don't want to play for him, agents hate him. I predict a long time in the wilderness for Brandon. The only ray of hope is their second rounder in 2008, Jason Swyripa ... and he's about 5'6", very talented but not exactly scary. PA will be happy to occupy your playoff spot! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Raider Believer View Post

The bigger question is: how and with what is B WheatKings going to compete with next year and in the next several years. Basically KM gave away the farm to chase the Memorial Cup this year. Great kids like Klarc Wilson now belong to Edmonton and Moose Jaw is still laughing at the gifts you gave them. Everyone knows the KM 'my way or the highway' philosophy and don't want to play for him, agents hate him. I predict a long time in the wilderness for Brandon. The only ray of hope is their second rounder in 2008, Jason Swyripa ... and he's about 5'6", very talented but not exactly scary. PA will be happy to occupy your playoff spot! LOL
    Yeah, because our team is so known for missing the playoffs and being bottom feeders. We never really gave up a lot, Wilson isn't going to turn into anything good, Erhnardt will be a 5/6 guy, and the draft picks were worth Hamonic. We didn't "sell the farm"

All-Time Favorite.

Iconcup

Quote Originally Posted by dagley View Post
    Yeah, because our team is so known for missing the playoffs and being bottom feeders. We never really gave up a lot, Wilson isn't going to turn into anything good, Erhnardt will be a 5/6 guy, and the draft picks were worth Hamonic. We didn't "sell the farm"
    Wilson will be a stud for Edmonton. If he was going to be nothing then why did Brandon draft him in the first round?
    And trading draft picks always ends up biting you in the ass long term.

I agree Wilson is gonna be great

KM came nowhere near close to "giving the farm away" for the Memorial Cup run. How bout a blue chip prospect in goal, the best centre in the league, and two top lines that any team would want. If Glennie and or Schenn aren't traded this season (Glennie will be IMO) the Wheaties will be top 4 in the East. I see Glennie going west, for a steady 18 or 19 year old dman, solid prospect, and an early rounds pick.

A better question is, what will the Raiders compete with next year??

As much as i hate P.A they have 1 thing us and you guys don't have and thats a mem cup

You shouldn't start smoking that stuff so early in the day there Raider Believer.
    It seems to be bringing on flashbacks of past glory. Maybe you could trade Kelly lists straight up? Yours was so attractive last winter when nobody wanted anything off it and Bruno had to trade for those 13th round picks and use trades to trade again.

As I mentioned elsewhere in this forum, Brandon will wind up trading Glennie this year, and probably getting their firsts back plus prospects. Schenn will command a kings ransom if he comes back, and same thing, firsts + prospects.

Our firsts were more like 2nds anyways. I'm not very high on Wilson, didn't get a good enough glimpse of Ehrhardt, but I do think the Depape trade will hurt.

But hey, Brandon has always drated well late, aside from Schenn the first rounders have been **** so it doesn't really matter whether we have it or not. People in the hockey circles have voted Brandon as having the best prospect list, so while I am sure we will be in a battle for the 8 seed next year, it will give a lot of our 16 and 17 year olds a good chance to break into the league.

Iconcup

Quote Originally Posted by Allin44 View Post
    As I mentioned elsewhere in this forum, Brandon will wind up trading Glennie this year, and probably getting their firsts back plus prospects. Schenn will command a kings ransom if he comes back, and same thing, firsts + prospects.

Our firsts were more like 2nds anyways. I'm not very high on Wilson, didn't get a good enough glimpse of Ehrhardt, but I do think the Depape trade will hurt.

But hey, Brandon has always drated well late, aside from Schenn the first rounders have been **** so it doesn't really matter whether we have it or not. People in the hockey circles have voted Brandon as having the best prospect list, so while I am sure we will be in a battle for the 8 seed next year, it will give a lot of our 16 and 17 year olds a good chance to break into the league.
    What vote and what hockey people? Some whacked parents from the Scouting News?? Laughable.
    And probably half that list won't even report with KM being such a warm and fuzzy guy.