Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Great season one win short!!(Standing O for the team)

Brandon got the **** kicked out of them...period!! They had no business even being there but YES it was nice to watch the hometown team playing in the finals, something we likely won't ever get to see in this barn again. I too am very bitter at the fact they first off took the back door in, and secondly got ****-kicked in 3 of the 5 games they played! Thats hardly satisfying. Like I said before, if they would have lost to Calgary in the East finals by even 6 games, I may be a little more supportive but the fact they got **** KICKED in 5 fast games and then worked over in the Mem Cup tells me thats not a good ending! With Saskatoon, they had great defence and to be honest I would have taken their defence over Brandons in a second! Sam Klassen, Stefan Elliot, Jyri Niemi, Teigan Zahn are all going to be playing pro next season minus Elliot who very well likely could make the jump to Colorado next year. I would take those guys over Melnychuk, Schneider, Urbom and even Robak.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandonite View Post
    Brandon got the **** kicked out of them...period!! They had no business even being there but YES it was nice to watch the hometown team playing in the finals, something we likely won't ever get to see in this barn again. I too am very bitter at the fact they first off took the back door in, and secondly got ****-kicked in 3 of the 5 games they played! Thats hardly satisfying. Like I said before, if they would have lost to Calgary in the East finals by even 6 games, I may be a little more supportive but the fact they got **** KICKED in 5 fast games and then worked over in the Mem Cup tells me thats not a good ending! With Saskatoon, they had great defence and to be honest I would have taken their defence over Brandons in a second! Sam Klassen, Stefan Elliot, Jyri Niemi, Teigan Zahn are all going to be playing pro next season minus Elliot who very well likely could make the jump to Colorado next year. I would take those guys over Melnychuk, Schneider, Urbom and even Robak.
    Well said! Do you think Brandon gave up too much of the future to take a run at the Cup?

Quote Originally Posted by Raider Believer View Post
    Well said! Do you think Brandon gave up too much of the future to take a run at the Cup?
    Not at all, especially considering of the 4 guys KM traded for, one for sure, maybe two, will play next season as over-agers.

Anytime a team loads up they have to "overpay" but we have enough depth in our prospects to replenish. This year may be a lean year, but we haven't ****ed ourselves over for the long term. If anything we didn't give up enough.

The only Dman on that list that I would take over Robak or Urbom is Elliott.

The only team/fans in the East that have any right to be chirping Brandon is Calgary fans, because Calgary is really the only team we haven't steamrolled the past few years. Enjoy the success you may have against us for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider Believer View Post
    You never ever give up too much if the end result is there! In this case, it clearly wasn't. In saying that, Brandon's really known for finding the kids that sneak under the radar and they always seem to have atleast 5 or 6 kids on the roster that were never drafted. They won't have Dallas Ehrhardt, Jordan Depape, or Brendan Rouse for the coming years and in turn Brandon will have Shayne Weibe & Jacob Deserres along with a whole whopping minus draft picks so yes in the end it didnt pay off at all and Brandon lost out I would say...

Jordan Depape is gonna be an all-star in the WHL. He was easily in Kamloops top 3 forwards and he's gonna be relied on huge next season with the Blazers. He'll score 30 goals next year and Weibe will be lucky to hit 20. I like Weibe but Depape is gonna be a stud in this league...

Quote Originally Posted by Allin44 View Post
    Anytime a team loads up they have to "overpay" but we have enough depth in our prospects to replenish. This year may be a lean year, but we haven't ****ed ourselves over for the long term. If anything we didn't give up enough.

The only Dman on that list that I would take over Robak or Urbom is Elliott.

The only team/fans in the East that have any right to be chirping Brandon is Calgary fans, because Calgary is really the only team we haven't steamrolled the past few years. Enjoy the success you may have against us for next year.

Didnt the canes beat your Wk's 2 years ago in the 2008 playoffs ??

Quote Originally Posted by caniac # 2 View Post
    [/B]

Didnt the canes beat your Wk's 2 years ago in the 2008 playoffs ??
    3 years ago yes in 6, still 10-8(I think) vs LETH with that regular season/playoffs and 08-09 and 09-10. BDN has also won 140 games in the regular season in that time(I think only CGY has more), I'd like to see what kind of damage we could do in the playoffs with a true coach.

I think this year will be reminiscent of the 07-08 season, have a bunch of new guys come in, I don't think they'll hit the 40 win plateau, but they'll have a solid core of 17/18 year olds, and should be a tough team to beat again in the '11-12 and '12-'13 seasons

Default We'll Surprise Alot Of People Next Year

Quote Originally Posted by Allin44 View Post
    3 years ago yes in 6, still 10-8(I think) vs LETH with that regular season/playoffs and 08-09 and 09-10. BDN has also won 140 games in the regular season in that time(I think only CGY has more), I'd like to see what kind of damage we could do in the playoffs with a true coach.

I think this year will be reminiscent of the 07-08 season, have a bunch of new guys come in, I don't think they'll hit the 40 win plateau, but they'll have a solid core of 17/18 year olds, and should be a tough team to beat again in the '11-12 and '12-'13 seasons
    I personally think we'll get to 40 wins....maybe not 45, but we will be better than alot of people give us credit for. I just can't wait to see what we look like on opening night. It's 3 months away and I'm already excited about it. But we'll be fine.