Thread: Memorial Cup Experience

Default Memorial Cup Experience

Just thought I'd post a big congratulations to the organizing committee, what a week!

From talking to people from out of town, aside from the final game time being moved to later in the day, everything was run about as smooth as it could be. The swarm of Volunteers made everything amazing.

I really enjoyed the HHOF exhibits, as well as getting to touch Lord Stanley(not the one from here.. creeps)

Iconcup Hats off

as a die hard blades fan, and taking in the memorial cup in Brandon this week ;i feel that the wheeties have nothing to hang their heads down low for. when we look back at this spits team they will clearly be the best team in major jr history. the scheer awe of the depth and skill that this team had was unreal. brandon gave it all on the ice, but the experience and pure skill of the spits was impressive to all in the keystone centre. in closing the city of brandon put on a good show and i loves the HHOF displays, only one thing that has nothing to do with the wheat kings but i would like to comment on. as a fan that prob spends thousands a year om hockey memoribilia and WHL, CHL gear the prices at the mastercard memorial cup store were out of this world. I dont think i have ever complained about the price of gear in my life, but the CHL has to make the souvineers a little bit family friendly. prices were inflated to the point that a puck was 8.99$, hats 35.00$ hoodies 90.00$, not to mention the championship gear after the game 40.00$ for a hat.. i think for us that were there will understand, and this is something the CHL shuld look into for future tournys.

Default Excellent

Went down for the semi and the final, some great hockey overall. Also went down for the CHL Awards which was also pretty special. Enjoyed checking out the HHOF and even the school exhibits were neat to see. Brandon did a great job hosting the memorial cup, what an experience
    2010 WHL CHAMPS!

GO HITMEN GO