Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: import draft

Shushu makes a good point about LeClerc. The difference between the two is that Anderson is more of that competitive battler than LeClerc was. Also, Ville was given a chance, he just didn't take it. Anderson got lucky in that he was given a second chance and ran with it. Once that happened, the writing was on the wall. Euros are expensive, it costs more to get them here and keep them.
    Remember, too that these kids practice 3-4 times a week and Ville did nothing in those workouts to earn a start. Some kids, like Ryon Moser, earned playing time with a good effort at practice.

And you know you have too much time on your hands when you watch WHL practices....

Default to funny..........

Quote Originally Posted by canes watcher View Post
    And you know you have too much time on your hands when you watch WHL practices....
    i watched alot of the practices last year at adams. some of it could of been spare time on my hands but more of it was for the free air conditioning.....also just relized both of my post kinda said the same thing....must be old age creeping in......
    GO CANES GO.................

Default Headache

Quote Originally Posted by shushu View Post
    i dont think ville was given a chance as a 17 year old to see what he could do....you cant look at a kid that sits for months on end then get chuck into the fire and fails....anderson definately grabbed the bull by the horns and should be our #1 guy, but i look back at leclerc and see a kid that had a great season then kinda fell apart..with that said both these young kids should have been put through the ringer just to see what you have...last years poor attempt to try and make it into the playoff with a depleated team did one thing...it sent an untested 17 year old tender back to finland without any clue of how good he could be.......
    Ville's concussion was unfortunate timing for sure, he looked like he had the talent to develop but the injury couldn't have happened at a worse time. As for trying to make the playoffs, I think that is the reality of small market hockey. I can't fault Preston for trying to get to the post season even if it did look unattainable. I am on the side of not bringing Euro's over unless it is a slam dunk that they will make a big imprint on your team. Particularly in the Hurricanes situation where every dollar counts, they should focus on developing western kids and even to some extent the American kids as I think the U.S. recruiting will pay good dividends down the road, if they can keep some sort of parity with the CHI recruiting.

Keep on keeping on Shushu, and if my spidey senses are right about who your secret identitiy is, you already sit in the best spot to be heard.

Default Is This Gary Bettman???

Quote Originally Posted by dem View Post
    Spam deleted by nivek_wahs
    still trying to find an owner for the Coyotes so he doesn't have to move them back to Canada?
    Last edited by nivek_wahs; 06-10-2010 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Deleted quote.... But that's a great response!

Quote Originally Posted by shushu View Post
    i dont think ville was given a chance as a 17 year old to see what he could do....you cant look at a kid that sits for months on end then get chuck into the fire and fails....anderson definately grabbed the bull by the horns and should be our #1 guy, but i look back at leclerc and see a kid that had a great season then kinda fell apart..with that said both these young kids should have been put through the ringer just to see what you have...last years poor attempt to try and make it into the playoff with a depleated team did one thing...it sent an untested 17 year old tender back to finland without any clue of how good he could be.......
    Still would like to see Anderson's old team mate from Vancouver Theriau in a Hurricane jersey. Everett ran a very nice article on him a few days ago. Looks like we let another one get away. Thanks Roy

Poor Theriau. Rushed into the lineup before he was ready, looked terrible in his little time with the teams but needed some time to grow. Dealt away, given that time and look how he's grown. There were too many panic trades that last year from a guy who was always one step ahead the previous season.

Default DRAFT SELECTIONS

Overall, not disappointed with getting a 2012 bantam draft for our first when you look at the second pick it is Alexander Kuvaev 17 years LW from Russia , played on Russian u 17 team and got a couple of points in the 6 games and is bigger kid at 6' 3" and 190 lbs he played for Russhie Vityazi last year and got 18 points in 38 games. The fact that if he comes and I am sure that is the case otherwise why draft him we have him for a minimum of 2 years. August, is now around the corner and with another left winger , it looks increasingly difficult for some of our veterans to not be looking for a new home. And may the games begin

Default not a bad move from preston...........

i would bet that the calgary sutter's had alot to do with finding this player for the canes which allowed them to move their first to regina for a bantum pick...2 birds with 1 stone...not a bad move............
    GO CANES GO.................