Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hamonic

Default Hamonic

The New York Islanders announced today the signing of Travis Hamonic to a three-year entry-level contract.

Hamonic completed his four-year junior hockey league career with the Brandon Wheat Kings on Sunday as they were defeated by the Windsor Spitfires in the Memorial Cup Championship. The 6’2, 215 pound defenseman was named a 2010 MasterCard Memorial Cup All-Star, totaling 11 points (four goals and seven assists) in 15 games.

Hamonic represented Team Canada at the 2010 World Junior Championships in Saskatoon, SK. In six games, Hamonic scored a goal and two assists.

A native of St. Malo, MB, Hamonic played the majority of his junior hockey career with the Moose Jaw Warriors. In 171 games played with the Warriors, Hamonic tallied 28 goals and 76 assists for 104 points. He was traded from the Warriors to the Wheat Kings this season and played 10 regular season games with Brandon, registering five points (1 goal and 4 assists).

no Hamonic next season I presume?, seems km gave up quite a bit for a rental.. thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by DunnerStunner View Post
    no Hamonic next season I presume?, seems km gave up quite a bit for a rental.. thoughts?
    Necessary evil and I don't know of one person that didn't expect he'd be gone. We really did need that #1/2 dman, and he didn't disappoint.

Brandon was voted as having the best prospect list, we can afford to lose Ehrardt and the #1s it cost

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan15 View Post
    I dont think KM gave up lots for a rental. To be honest I was a little suprised KM didnt give up more of his future to get more talent for a run. When you look at how the OHL stacks teams now for runs its pretty obvious that the whl will need to start doing the same if they want to compete. Especially hosting the mem cup . Theres no reason Mcrimmon didnt stack more. Chances to win the mem cup are rare
    Wiebe, Raedeke, Hamonic, Urbom, Rajala were all as the results of trades. That'd be the starting lineup for a lot of teams.

Didn't need another forward, could have maybe used a #4 dman, but Melny actually played well.

Goalies, this was just a bad year to be in the market for one.

The only other trade that would have benefitted this team(aside from a tender), was for Eberle and/or Teubert(I still don't think hes very good), but as we all know, the clown in the Queen City didn't want to part with them.

No one had the firepower to match Windsor it seemed. To be honest Brandon DID try to add Eberle and Teubert but got refused. They DID try to get Kuemper and Archer out of Red Deer and were refused. The OHL and QMJHL teams bend over backwards sliding around top players to each other but the WHL has really been less likely to do that. Didn't matter anyway a WHL team was in the final again and Windsor is just in class by itself. They beat Barrie, a very very good team in 4 straight. If that was the best in the OHL then really should anyone be surprised they were taht good.

Lets say Brandon did add Eberle,Teubert,Archer and Kuemper.

Do you think they would have been better suited to win against Windsor then?

Let's remember that Brandon lost to Calgary in the west final and again in the round robin before they ended up beating them in the semis. Brandon was the host and had a valiant effort but they didn't have the team to win. If Brandon had all four of those guys well then of course the story changes and maybe they even beat Windsor, but in order to get all four of those guys you obviously would have needed to give up more than you were offering which would have resulted in a much longer rebuilding process, then if you still lost all we would hear was how stupid it was to sell the farm while you watch your team lose night in night out.

Now if you got half of those four I still don't think you would have been strong enough to beat Windsor. Getting Kuemper and Archer definitely would not have been enough.

My big question about Windsor is... how did they get beat in 3 straight games against Kitchener? This team looked unbeatable so I'm not sure how that happened.

Grubauer couldn't stop a beachball and Passingham let one in from the other end.

Iconcup

Quote Originally Posted by DunnerStunner View Post
    Waaayy ... tooo much! Moose Jaw loves you. We love you in PA too. KM obviously took his dumb pills along with his daily dose of nasty pills. Brandon will suck in a couple of years. May this trade live in infamy. LOL

Iconcup

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan15 View Post
    I dont think they had the fire power to match Windsor
    No one did. So why decimate your lineup for short term gain? Ya ya ya, I know ... the Memorial Cup. But Kelowna and Vancouver are perennial contenders and they don't gut their lineups for a shot at the Cup.