Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hamonic

Quote Originally Posted by Raider Believer View Post
    No one did. So why decimate your lineup for short term gain? Ya ya ya, I know ... the Memorial Cup. But Kelowna and Vancouver are perennial contenders and they don't gut their lineups for a shot at the Cup.
    If you had any clue about Brandon's prospects you would know that this team won't be stooping to the Raiders level anytime soon. Kelly made good decisions and some of the players he traded for (Wiebe and possibly Raedeke) could be back next year. The farm was hardly sold, and even with the trades, the WK's will still be whipping PA for years to come. I wouldn't bet against the WK's being East Division champs next year.

Maybe you should troll elsewhere.
    "You can't always win, but you can always feel like you deserve to"

Waaayy ... tooo much! Moose Jaw loves you. We love you in PA too. KM obviously took his dumb pills along with his daily dose of nasty pills. Brandon will suck in a couple of years. May this trade live in infamy. LOL
    I would believe he did it with the intention of making a run this year, and then getting the pieces he lost(the picks) with a trade involving Schenn and Glennie next year.

Most fans won't have an issue with one year of struggle for a run at the Memorial Cup. PA has been lousy for the last 5 or 6 years and haven't made a run at anything but the 8th spot, so I don't think you are in a position to laugh at anything right now.

Trading Schenn at the deadline would easily bring back more than KM gave up (which wasn't really all that much) in the Hamonic trade. Then factor in what he'd get trading Glennie, and the already full Wheat Kings prospect cubboard is completely restocked.

Default Raiders

As long as we can eat P.A. lunch we don't care about the Mem Cup.

Yeah who would wanna win the cup when they can beat P.A all the time that should be every teams goal lol

Iconcup

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan15 View Post
    you can brag all you want about having so many prospects and not selling the farm if you want... but what did it get you? In a year where you host the cup you won....nothing no league , no division ,no mem cup. Theres nothing to brag about
    Not to mention that KM has such a sparkling personality that all these prospects they talk about are thinking twice about reporting and their agents are advising them to stay clear. KM needs to remember that victory has a thousand fathers and defeat is an orphan. Right now KM is a loser and definitely an orphan. I'll put up PA's young prospects against the empty cupboard in Brandon any day. Exactly what experts claimed BW has good prospects ..... must have been Brandon scouts and KM's relatives....it wouldn't be his players, they don't have a good word to say about him.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan15 View Post
    you can brag all you want about having so many prospects and not selling the farm if you want... but what did it get you? In a year where you host the cup you won....nothing no league , no division ,no mem cup. Theres nothing to brag about
    We won the division and we finished 2nd in the mem Cup, great season I'd say...
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

And what is the goal in P.A. at the start of a season? To TRY and make the playoffs? It's been a long time since you guys won anything. Even though you are community owned team, one has to wonder if you will still have a team in the WHL in 5 years. Seems most of your fans have thrown in the towel and the team won't be that good again next year. I would be more worried about my team than bashing one that your always looking up at.

Iconcup

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Kings #1 View Post
    And what is the goal in P.A. at the start of a season? To TRY and make the playoffs? It's been a long time since you guys won anything. Even though you are community owned team, one has to wonder if you will still have a team in the WHL in 5 years. Seems most of your fans have thrown in the towel and the team won't be that good again next year. I would be more worried about my team than bashing one that your always looking up at.
    I was just talking to the mother of one of your players buddy. They have no clue who is going to be replacing the guys that are moving on from the Wheat Kings, especially up front. Maybe you can enlighten us???? Let's see umm... And oh ya, we're proud to be a community owned team. At least we're not lining the pockets of a jerk.

I was just talking to the mother of one of your players buddy. They have no clue who is going to be replacing the guys that are moving on from the Wheat Kings, especially up front. Maybe you can enlighten us???? Let's see umm... And oh ya, we're proud to be a community owned team. At least we're not lining the pockets of a jerk.
    I think i'll take the WK plan over the Raider plan anyday, but hey, if you're happy supporting a losing team good for you....
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.