Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hamonic

Quote Originally Posted by Raider Believer View Post
    I was just talking to the mother of one of your players buddy. They have no clue who is going to be replacing the guys that are moving on from the Wheat Kings, especially up front. Maybe you can enlighten us???? Let's see umm... And oh ya, we're proud to be a community owned team. At least we're not lining the pockets of a jerk.
    Whose mom? Sinatynskis? This is the WHL not your kids houseleague team, the team parents aren't in on every thing.

I honestly can't recall one player that KM has drafted that hasn't reported aside from the few that went the NCAA route.

You're a community owned team, yet you still have higher season ticket prices, and a ****ter front office and an even ****tier on ice product. You haven't had one bonafide player come through your organization since Kyle Chipchura and not trading him at the deadline set your franchise back for years. KM is a great owner, great GM, but he is a businessman, but you cannot argue that he hasn't done a tremendous job with the franchise.

I don't think anybody will say they aren't disappointed with how the year ended, but its nothing to hang your head at. Our ROSTER was the best in the league IMO(WHL), but when the chips fell, our top 3 players weren't our best 3 players and we couldn't get a save.

Will we contend for the league next year? Probably not. Will the trades we made this year set us back for a long time? Doubt it. Our prospect list is deep, and we've got assets that we will move at the deadline to restock our draft picks. We have a good goalie coming in in Liston, some good prospects, and a good core that we can build around in their 17/18/19 year old seasons.
    Last edited by Allin44; 05-31-2010 at 08:58 PM.

I think what's more important than having a banner in your building is franchise success financially, economically and structurally. Every season the Raider brass cries about not having enough season ticket holders or this and that and then there is the talk that "the team might not be around if help doesn't come along", like I'm glad your banner gives you comfort, but at the end of the day (or season) the Raiders struggle on the ice, at the box office and anywhere in between, whereas Brandon makes money every season and is a successful franchise that isn't like an unstable bar stool with only 3 legs.

In the grand scheme of things, the Raiders are just above Prince George in terms of success as a whole. You can flaunt your banner and hopefully that gives you a sense of entitlement when the team isn't in PA anymore. Sadly that's all you hold onto anyways instead of backing up the arguement with something in terms of recent success.