Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Prospect Camp

Default Prospect Camp

Does anyone know when the Prospect camp will be this year? Anyone know who is coming to this camp? Where will it be?

Prospect camp is June 4-6 usally is held at the arena. Expect this years and last years drafted players plus any listed players between 15-17 years old.

Sorry, a small bit off topic, but is there a place where teams have there protected players list, or is it completely exclusive to the team, and players? I would guess it is.

The prospect camp starts this weekend here is what the Advocate has to say about the camp. http://www.albertalocalnews.com/redd..._95411469.html

Nice to see Jackson Playfair back. Also nice to hear that there is at least a chance that we will see Olsson back for the main camp!

Default mccallum

am just wondering if prospect McCallum received some bad advice and decided to pursue a junior A carrer with the NAHL Dawson City Rage.He would have recieved about 20 extra points a year with superstar Hopkins entering his WHL prime .

Default Pufahl not letting shoulder hold him back at prospects camp

Default Thoughts on the camp...

I managed to take in all 3 days of the prospect camp, and here is what I thought...

First and foremost what I noticed was that the goaltenders looked really good, and gave me a bit of hope for the future of our goaltending. Zach Rakochy played his angles well, was quick, and had a nice glove hand. Bolton Pouliot had good size, and handled the puck very well. Alex Orth also had good size, possibly bigger than Pouliot despite being a year younger and had decent rebound control. I fully expect to see either Rakochy or Pouliot as at least our backup goaltender this season.

Dumba looked to be the most dominant player, as expected.

Three of the '93s impressed as well. Matt Pufahl has a great first pass out of his zone, skates very well, especially getting back into the play, though I was hoping he would have gotten a little bigger over the last year or so--no such luck. Tyson Ness had incredible hands and a quick release--he should challenge for a job of some sort in the upcoming season. Locke Muller, a listed player was very thick and stocky (must have been at least 6' and over 200lbs), could skate and had good overall skill and threw some punishing hits. I am pulling for him to make the team this season, as I think he could turn out to be a good player in this league.

Brooks Maxwell showed a scoring touch, and a bit of feistiness. I liked Chase McMurphy's game as well, and he is a decent size for a 16 year old. Was looking forward to Jackson Playfair, as I liked his rugged, irritating play in camp last season, but while his skating improved, I am not sure if his first few strides get him up to the speed that he needs to be going at the WHL level. Too bad too, I think he could be a heavyweight.... Hope he is back next season! Big '94 defenseman Danys Chartrand impressed me, but not as a defenseman, but as a forward! He had a natural hat trick in a scrimmage, playing as a forward. Something to think about I suppose....

2010 first rounder Kayle Doetzel impressed me with his skating, and had a pretty good shot from the point. Red Deer boy Scott Feser was the smallest player in camp by a fair bit, and seemed to start off really slow but improved a great deal by day 3 of the camp. Should be some interesting decisions to be made after the main camp this year.

Do you expect Dumba to definitely start with the Rebels next year? I know some guys who know him, and hes awesome, you know, being from calgary and all

I can't even imagine Dumba not making the team this season.