Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Your 2010-2011 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by west coast View Post
    congrats to Carter Ashton on going to team Canada camp, he has a good shot to represent Canada.
    What a weak year for forwards(assuming Hall and Seguin play pro)..

That wasnt a shot at Ashton either, just an observation

Iconwhl

Carter will be amoung the 1st being cut unless his game really improves over the summer & into the start of the year... honestly i cant believe he was even selected for this... His skill level is so much behind Weal's it isnt even funny... just another clear example that so much politics go into the World Junior camps.... 1st round picks seem like a lock at all costs even if they dont really deserve to be there

yes i understand Weal is only what 5'7 but pretty much the same height & frame as Kozan is. Weal's worth ethic alone makes him a 10 times better choice then Ashton will ever be. Dont get me wrong congrats to Ashton, i just dont agree with it at all.

PS... the best WHL pick for that summer selection camp is by far Cody Eakin, Eakin will lead the WHL in goal this season if he stays healthy & quite possibly points as well if he has a decent supporting cast in SC

I question some of the selections, it makes you think that player agents lobbying and calling favours are responsible for some guys going to this camp. The agents are just doing there jobs getting more exposure for their clients but it would be nice if politicing would just go away and let the game on the ice decide who should be there. I guess when there is that much money involved a player's merit takes a back seat.

Angry

based on skill. I believe that Carter Ashton does belong with group that goes to camp.I cannot believe the weal did not get an invite.I agree with previous posters that there appears to be alot of politics involved.

I would be shocked if Favreau and Sparrow made the Pats this spring. To me they are not the best and I would be amazed if they made it....

At the time, Favreau made a good grinding center and sparrow was an alright 7th defenceman...but thats not gonna cut it this year. If favreau wants a spot, he is going to have to contribute more. Sparrow wont even make it through camp.