Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Your 2010-2011 Roster

Default Your 2010-2011 Roster

How does it shape up? With no Eberle and likely no Teubert how do you stand?

Just took a quick look at the WHL site, and other than those two, you really don't stand to lose much else, and could actually add a 20 year old if Teubert doesn't return.

Iconwhl

I really dont think the Pats will be as bad as many seem to think they will be. I dont expect Tuebert to be back but in all reality it wouldnt surprise me if he was, he isnt pro ready by any means. He still gets beat on a regular basis in the WHL, plus he still needs to mature more as a person & as a player.

Im not expecting a huge difference then last year but i do think we will be in a better position even without Eberle. Weal & Ashton will be the key players on this team along with Mitchell who has improved every year with his scoring touch.

Here is some of the new roles the way i see it...
    FORWARDS
    Weal We all know he can play & has a great work ethic, but will see how his 1st season goes without Eberle. (which i dont think will be a problem)

Gustafsson He really found his game in late Feb & became the player that his skill level can let him be. His skill level was up there with Eberle & Weal just took awhile to adjust to the north american game.

Ashton Big strong forward who definately needs 1 more year in junior to find his scoring touch on a more regular basis. Missed way to many chances last season.

Mitchell Should be our team captain this year hands down (& better not take til after xmas to give it to him) Mitchell is a heart & soul kind of guy who has improved his scoring touch each season.

Mappin Has had question marks about his work ethic & will during his WHL career, i thought he was 1 of a few guys who competed on a nightly basis once he was brought to Regina. I believe he can have a solid season in Regina as a 2nd line LW

Orfino I always liked Orfino when he was in LETH always thought he busted his arse off every time they came into Regina but i rarely seen his work ethic once he was traded to Regina with Ashton. If he can find his game again would be a nice 2nd line C behind Weal

Mulder Mulder has alot of untapped offensive talent which must be shown this season. As a 19 yr old he will be given every chance to be a 2nd liner. He is a solid PK guy & decent at faceoffs

Favreau He hasnt been what he was advertised as out of bantam/midget has been 1 of those 1st round flops & to be honest i think will have problems cracking this years roster

Hutt Had a season ending surgery in Dec (i believe it was) has skill & great hands but is very small, can be a great PP guy but hard to get solid regular shifts out of him, i think is a guy on the bubble to make this team

Rieder had a decent 1st season in the WHL being rotated in & out of the line up as a 4th liner. Is a solid PK guy, & gives 100% i thought he really started to show what he is about during the stretch run last year

Jung only played 3 games in the WHL last year showed alot of speed & some better then avg skill, really feel he will make a solid pitch at playing 3rd line RW maybe even at times as a 2nd line RW

DEFENSE
    Carlson took on a bigger role once being dealt to Regina from MH, he will be looked upon as a key guy on the D this coming season, especially on the PP

Davidson cant really say many bad things about this kid came out of no where & had played himself into a huge role with the Pats defense last season. Will be our #1 Dman this coming season

Bell this kid is going to be a stud as a 17 yr old, has a great slapper 1timer from the point, see's the ice better then most 17 yr old dmen do. Is strong & skates very well can see him putting up 25 to 30 points easy this season from the back end

Spooner will be looked upon to log some bigger minutes this season but not sure if he is truely ready for those minutes yet. Has alot of upside i believe but tends to shy away from the phyiscal play maybe a year older will change this

Borstmayer a very big kid hopfully his body grows into his legs this summer, was clumsy alot last season I truely believed he should of been in Midget AAA last season to gain more confidence & more key minutes for his development. Time will tell to see if last seasons few minutes & healthy scratches was the best for his development

Sparrow I think Sparrow will be in tough to make this roster alot will depend on what position the Pats choose in the Euro draft

GOALIES

Ketlo has more downs then ups last season not to mention a couple injuries during the season. I dont think he is a lock as the teams starter. See if he can grab the bull by the horns & prove that the #1 job is his

Guhle I truely feel he is the better goalie between the 2 battling for the starting job. Guhle learned alot last season & was forced into too many games at the start of the year due to Ketlo being hurt, which i think took a blow to his confidence early in the year, along with a injury around xmas time

There r a few prospects that will be pushing some veterns for there jobs (just like every year) thing that may hurt there chances though is our Head Coach still doesnt like the young kids that much, so hopfully this will change under a new GM of Chad Lang

the east division is going to be really tight next season.

brandon falls back a little, but not as far as some think.

saskatoon is going to be competitive, probably middle of the pack.

moose jaw could be the class of the division.

swift current will be right up there with the warriors.

prince albert i just don't know what to make of them.

regina will be competitive and could surprise.

Iconwhl

with a new GM in Regina,it will be interesting to see what kind of prospects he can bring into camp inorder to push the vets and compete for jobs.In order to be more successful ,i feel that the new GM needs to recruit some size.Lets face it, the Pats are a small team.It would be nice to ADD some big bodies inorder to free up some time and space for the smaller talented forwards.I would like to see some more team speed.I would like to see faster ,stronger players at all positions.The Pats desperately need more grit.Not sure what the prospect depth chart is like , but it would be nice to see some good ol competition for jobs

Iconcup

Quote Originally Posted by west coast View Post
    with a new GM in Regina,it will be interesting to see what kind of prospects he can bring into camp inorder to push the vets and compete for jobs.In order to be more successful ,i feel that the new GM needs to recruit some size.Lets face it, the Pats are a small team.It would be nice to ADD some big bodies inorder to free up some time and space for the smaller talented forwards.I would like to see some more team speed.I would like to see faster ,stronger players at all positions.The Pats desperately need more grit.Not sure what the prospect depth chart is like , but it would be nice to see some good ol competition for jobs
    Those things are on every fan's and GM's wish list!

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by west coast View Post
    The Pats desperately need more grit.Not sure what the prospect depth chart is like
    More grit??? r u sure?? outside of Weal & Eberle the last few years thats all this team has had is grit......

THE PATS NEED MORE SKILL, NOT GRIT!!!!

grit doesnt win u games skill wins u games along with the right pieces that bring the grit

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    More grit??? r u sure?? outside of Weal & Eberle the last few years thats all this team has had is grit......

THE PATS NEED MORE SKILL, NOT GRIT!!!!

grit doesnt win u games skill wins u games along with the right pieces that bring the grit
    i agree somewhat, you need a good balance of skill and grit. Unfortunately outside of Eberle and Weal, the pats didnt have much scoring

Default Mappin

Mappin Has had question marks about his work ethic & will during his WHL career, i thought he was 1 of a few guys who competed on a nightly basis once he was brought to Regina. I believe he can have a solid season in Regina as a 2nd line LW
    With all the 20 years old available I can't see how he even plays in the dub next year. Red Deer got rid of him because he was lazy and a cancer in the dressing room, Vancouver was embarassed that they traded for him and actually found someone to take him for something slightly better than a bag of pucks and now you think he can be your second line center?

Good luck, who knows maybe his 5th year in the dub is different than his first four.

well it looks like i will agree to disagree.The Pats were content on trying to win 8-7 games last year.Defence wins championships.Hard work will beat skill every time when skilled players refuse to give it a 110percent effort.The Pats lineup last year was full of soft players .The grit some players showed that some players actually had a pulse.There are not alot of six foot tall players on the team and i would like to see that change.Curtis Hunt was a tough defenceman when he played and i bet that he would love to see some size and grit.I hope the GM puts the C on Mitchell immediately to become the face of the franchise.Lets hope the Pats can get back to real hockey and win games like 3-1 or 3-2 rather than play pond hockey and lose 8-7.Am i following the same team as the rest of you guys? Too much grit are you serious? The only returning dman with grit is Bell.Forwards with grit are Mitchell,Ashton,would like to see Orfino back,Weal (plays hard) ........searching thru the rest of the lineup and i dont see too much grit .A real hockey team has character and grit all throughout the lineup like a Brandon or a Portland

Default ashton

congrats to Carter Ashton on going to team Canada camp, he has a good shot to represent Canada.