Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: landon Ferraro

Default landon Ferraro

Looks like Detroit would like Landon to get a fresh start with another team. To bad if he is traded we need to get a top three scoring forward for him. Still hope they can keep him here but it starting to look that won't happen. Here is a clip from a Detroit blog and another article on where they see his season going.
    http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2010...pect_land.html
    http://www.freep.com/article/2010060...Landon-Ferraro
    Last edited by Red celtic; 06-07-2010 at 09:55 AM.

Gee, I wonder what the asking price would be if Detroit is really pulling the shots on a deal. I wonder if Chilliwack would be a "suitable" location in Detroit's eyes. Hmmm....interesting.

I would be thinking in the neighborhood of Sundher, or McKinlay.

You really think Chilliwack would give Sundher for Ferraro straight up? I doubt that.

They would be likely looking for a 91 or 92 born player that can put up some numbers in return for him. Ferraro is as good or better offensively, and better defensively than both of them are (though he is a year older). The only 91 on Chilliwack that would be worth trading Ferraro for is Howse, and that seems a lot less likely.

How about Charles Inglis and a second round bantam pick ?

How is Red Deer's OA situation???

Einhorn and a pick for Landon. Or a prospect (or prospect and pick) for Landon. I can't see ANY team giving away a Sundher or McKinlay type for a player with only 1 year realistically being here. He won't be in the league as a 20 year old. Especially when the trade is almost being forced from Detroit.

And BTW, McKinlay is a pretty good all around player...PP, PK, blocks shots, fights, yet scores 20 goals. he's a sleeper in this years draft, one of the fastest rising prospects from beginning to end of season.

If the front office of the Rebels makes that trade, they might as well start sending out their resumes. They already have 7 overage players eligible to return, and most of their defensemen are as good or better than Einhorn. I don't know how realistic Chilliwack moving Sundher or McKinlay is either, I am just saying what they are going to need in return for an NHL 2nd rounder with elite speed, that has scored 37 goals and is solid defensively.

Detroit doesn't own the Rebels, and as such have no real way to force the team to trade him. I suppose they could sign him, and pay him $900k to sit in the press box in Detroit all season--but they ultimately would want what is best for their prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    How about Charles Inglis and a second round bantam pick ?
    I honestly think they are trying to get him to Vancouver, or somewhere near there, and to a contender. Inglis and a high draft pick/prospect wouldn't be the worst return though.

Default Not A Cool Move....

by Detroit considering after how many seasons the Rebels were out of the playoffs, they finally have a good season and now the big boys step in and say "we want you to trade one of your top scorers away cuz we said so". The young guns coming up in Red Deer should have another really good run this year and possibly make some noise in the playoffs. And Ferraro will be a leader on that team.
    This past year Dallas, who drafted Scott Glennie, informed the Wheat Kings that they wanted Glennie playing center, insisting the break up of the line he was on with Schenn and Calvert. The move caused problems til finally McCrimmon said screw it and reformed the line and kept it that way. I hope Red Deer can follow suit and send a message to the Wings that they aren't gonna hand pick what team a player will play junior for. The Pats were in last place and you didn't see the Oilers telling the Pats to trade him anywhere. This precedent has to be cut down here and now, or it will get worse.