Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: landon Ferraro

Quote Originally Posted by The Wheatiemaniac View Post
    by Detroit considering after how many seasons the Rebels were out of the playoffs, they finally have a good season and now the big boys step in and say "we want you to trade one of your top scorers away cuz we said so". The young guns coming up in Red Deer should have another really good run this year and possibly make some noise in the playoffs. And Ferraro will be a leader on that team.
    This past year Dallas, who drafted Scott Glennie, informed the Wheat Kings that they wanted Glennie playing center, insisting the break up of the line he was on with Schenn and Calvert. The move caused problems til finally McCrimmon said screw it and reformed the line and kept it that way. I hope Red Deer can follow suit and send a message to the Wings that they aren't gonna hand pick what team a player will play junior for. The Pats were in last place and you didn't see the Oilers telling the Pats to trade him anywhere. This precedent has to be cut down here and now, or it will get worse.
    I have to agree with, you do what's best for the team Wallin needs to work on his relationship with the Ferraro's and Landon needs to respond like a professional and play hockey. The Rebs have a opportunity to make some noise over the next couple years. But whatever happens and it does come to a trade we can't give away a player like Ferraro and we will need an impact player this year.
    Last edited by Red celtic; 06-08-2010 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    I honestly think they are trying to get him to Vancouver, or somewhere near there, and to a contender. Inglis and a high draft pick/prospect wouldn't be the worst return though.
    this is season 5...the season that we the Bruins fans have been awaiting...the year that we are expecting to go far.

This will be the last season for Manning, Howse, and Horak in the WHL. This is the same team that some in the media thought wouldn't make the playoffs...and they almost took out the #1 team in the Western Conference. The Bruins are finally at the spot where others will need to start taking notice. They will be a contender. If you don't believe me...just remember this next May.

Here are a couple articles about Landon one I read on Greg Drinnan's Blog and the other on my own looks like he really wants out. Submitted July 12th.
    http://www.freep.com/article/2010071...er-going-again
    http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2010...-+MLive.com%29
    Last edited by Red celtic; 07-12-2010 at 01:03 PM.

Ha. I think this article proves what Wallin has referred to but not said for some time about #13. Lack of character. What player openly admits that he was only at 80%, and thats why he was playing poorly. Great players will take the criticism, and even if they don't agree, will put on a brave face. 80% would still equate to a valued effort, but all i saw in that playoff game was laziness and poor decision making. A sore leg should not be blamed for that. good riddance

Quote Originally Posted by hockey4 View Post
    Ha. I think this article proves what Wallin has referred to but not said for some time about #13. Lack of character. What player openly admits that he was only at 80%, and thats why he was playing poorly. Great players will take the criticism, and even if they don't agree, will put on a brave face. 80% would still equate to a valued effort, but all i saw in that playoff game was laziness and poor decision making. A sore leg should not be blamed for that. good riddance
    So what is a good return for him? Do you give him away? Is he a cancer in the dressing room? Did Wallin react appropriately? Lots of questions. Personally I think we need a player of his caliber in the lineup so if the Rebs can make a trade that brings that type of player back make the trade otherwise Wallin and Ferraro need to work it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Red celtic View Post
    Personally I think we need a player of his caliber in the lineup so if the Rebs can make a trade that brings that type of player back make the trade otherwise Wallin and Ferraro need to work it out.
    I don't think it is in the best interest of either the player or the team to work it out at this point. I do think that they do need to make a trade that makes sense for the team now, rather than the future though. The fact that they didn't 'rage-trade' Ferraro a while ago gives me hope for a decent return.

How do the Rebels even try a trade now after Ferraro has essentially taken away all of Wallin's negotating power.

I struggle with the whole 80% thing. If he truly was 80% then come back to Red Deer and prove that a 100% Ferraro deserves to be recognized as a premier player. If he were to improve by 20% and play with RNH, Dumba and the rest of the Rebel roster then I think we could make some noise.

Where I really struggle is whether or not to believe the 80% comments. He almost has to say that to save any face for the future with Detroit. This kid sure says the right things to the press, you have to wonder whether what he says and does are the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    I don't think it is in the best interest of either the player or the team to work it out at this point. I do think that they do need to make a trade that makes sense for the team now, rather than the future though. The fact that they didn't 'rage-trade' Ferraro a while ago gives me hope for a decent return.

Again I have reiterate I am not against a trade but as the GM of the Rebs you have to be aware of what the fans expect of this team. Do we want to see another first round exit after 4 games...I know I don't with out a top 3 player coming back don't make the trade. But I have to agree that they have not over reacted. It is to bad Landon keeps talking about what happened because other teams might label him as a trouble maker... Maybe that's what Vancouver wants.

plain and f***ing simple, this is the year we're supposed to take that "next step" right?

Well if Vancouver truly wants Ferraro, then make damn sure we're getting an equal amount back. None of this 3rd round pick and 3rd line player being sent over BS!!

Ferraro could potentially have a 50 goal season. I'd want someone equally as good coming back or a combo equally as good

Such players would include:
    JT Barnett, James Henry

I don't want to see us getting another 20 year old, unless it was maybe Craig Cunningham.

And I don't want to hear some dumb deal about us dealing Ferraro and only getting a 3rd rounder and say...Brandon Scholten.

So either the Giants can make an equal trade and Ferraro can take his ball and go to Vancouver, or if a deal cannot be reached, then stop being a ***** Landon, put on the Rebels uniform and give it 100%!

Ferrarro and something for Glennie??