Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: landon Ferraro

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Ferrarro and something for Glennie??
    I would say straight up is probably close to a fair deal, and Glennie could use the change of scenery, but there's not much incentive for Brandon to make that trade. Brandon is going to be rebuilding next year and if anything, they'll be looking at some point to move Glennie to a contender for youth, not for another 19 year old.

I think the best scenario for Red Deer is to find a way to kiss and make up with Ferraro. The Rebels could be one of the better teams next year and it doesn't make sense to trade him and risk getting something lesser in return, unless there is absolutely no hope of reconciliation.

It can happen. Remember in the summer of 2008 Alex Plante asked for a trade out of Calgary because he felt the team didn't treat him properly during his injury-riddled 07-08 season. But he & Kisio eventually cleared the air, he stayed with the Hitmen and had a terrific 19 year old season in 08-09. It can happen....it just requires both sides to act like professionals is all.

In order for both sides to act like professionals one has to quit yapping his mouth off to the press every chance he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
    I would say straight up is probably close to a fair deal, and Glennie could use the change of scenery, but there's not much incentive for Brandon to make that trade. Brandon is going to be rebuilding next year and if anything, they'll be looking at some point to move Glennie to a contender for youth, not for another 19 year old.

I think the best scenario for Red Deer is to find a way to kiss and make up with Ferraro. The Rebels could be one of the better teams next year and it doesn't make sense to trade him and risk getting something lesser in return, unless there is absolutely no hope of reconciliation.

It can happen. Remember in the summer of 2008 Alex Plante asked for a trade out of Calgary because he felt the team didn't treat him properly during his injury-riddled 07-08 season. But he & Kisio eventually cleared the air, he stayed with the Hitmen and had a terrific 19 year old season in 08-09. It can happen....it just requires both sides to act like professionals is all.
    Alan I would have to agree with you and if I remember right there was quite a bit of animosity between both parties. So here's hoping we can learn from other organizations and work things out.

We dont rebuild here

All-Time Favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by dagley View Post
    We dont rebuild here
    What do you call it then, when you know that you will have 10 new people in your lineup? You lose three 20's and can only keep 3 19's so I think the Wheatking team will look much differently this year then they did last year. They may still make the playoffs but they won't contend for the Mem Cup. To me by essence of adding 10 players I would call that rebuilding lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelsfan13 View Post
    What do you call it then, when you know that you will have 10 new people in your lineup? You lose three 20's and can only keep 3 19's so I think the Wheatking team will look much differently this year then they did last year. They may still make the playoffs but they won't contend for the Mem Cup. To me by essence of adding 10 players I would call that rebuilding lol.
    Maybe Retooling restocking

Ferraro and Siwak to Saskatoon for inglis, sutter and a mid round pick or to Brandon for glennie

Quote Originally Posted by Rhmd11 View Post
    Ferraro and Siwak to Saskatoon for inglis, sutter and a mid round pick
    No real reason to include Sutter and Siwak in that deal. While they both didn't look out of place in the WHL (but put up less than spectacular numbers), they are still very young and you don't see the younger players get traded that often, due to issues with school.

I was a little higher on Inglis before the NHL draft. When your teammate that is 19 and completely devoid of any hockey skill whatsoever gets drafted and you don't, there is something seriously wrong--like Cass Mappin wrong. I would take Inglis on my team in a heartbeat, but not at the cost of a player that was drafted in the 2nd round of the NHL draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhmd11 View Post
    Ferraro and Siwak to Saskatoon for inglis, sutter and a mid round pick or to Brandon for glennie
    Love to trade with you folks Josh Nickolls for Ferraro would be a good starting point.

10. Default Not straight up...

If 2009-10 was supposed to be a "difficult" year for Glennie, then I think Brandon fans will take another difficult year from him this upcoming season.

He produced 89 points and was a +36 -- pretty good numbers compared to what Ferraro put up. In fact, Glennie's WHL career numbers are far and away better than Ferraro's (even if you take into account the lack of support available for Ferraro prior to 2009-10).

I'm sure Wheat King fans would love to have Ferraro on their team in 2010-11, but not in a deal straight up for Glennie. Red Deer would have to sweeten the pot in this one.