Thread: I found this...

Default I found this...

http://www.missionicebreakers.net/le...layerID=589826

Do you guys think he'll be invited to camp? Man does he have a bunch of PIM.

As Alan Caldwell said he's slumming it in the junior b ranks be interesting to see with a younger Wheatie squad if they go with some toughness like Regier 1 thing is sure i wouldn't be expecting big point totals from the guy

I recall reading back when he was first drafted that he was an exceptional student and made the choice to put school ahead of hockey and not report to any teams. Mission is just across the bridge from his home in Abbotsford so playing JrB there was probably an easy choice. The longest road trip in that league is about 1-1/2 hours. Unless he is having second thoughts about making hockey a priority I wouldn't expect you will see Regier in the dub any time soon.

Default Regier

Played 4 games in the 2007-2008 season as a 15 year old. Then the next fall chose to quit hockey for a year. Then returned to Jr. B in BC. So, he might have decided to make school a priority, but is ineligible for NCAA as he has already played games in the WHL.

Who knows, maybe a return to Brandon isn't impossible as it would give him a couple more years of WHL scholarship money, and perhaps a chance to play for a Canadian University?

8 points in Junior B

I don't think he has got it anymore

8 Points in 32 Games in Junior B is awful ESPECIALLY for a former 1st round WHL draft pick. Seriously, I hate to be rude but thats not impressive what so ever and its probably a good thing he didnt waste anyones time by coming to Brandon. This is why I totally think the WHL should convert to the way the OHL drafts players. They draft kids when they are 15 so right away they are eligible coming into camp 5 months later to actually make the team. If the WHL was that way there would be an awful lot of kids that you would NOT see getting drafted anywhere near the 1st round. Put a 15 year old in midget AAA against 17 year olds and you would get a much better idea of the player. Sanfred King, Brandon Regeir, Jeff Topilko, Mike Cann, Codey Burki, David Darguzas...all guys that were fomer 1st round bantam picks that lets be honest would be 3rd rounders at best if they waited a year. Cass Mappin was also a 1st round pick to red deer and was the perfect example of a bust. In saying that....220 penalty minutes in 32 games is ALOT and in Junior B im sure that included quite a few ugly moments!

Default Cody Burki

He was a good player for the wheats, he shouldn't have left a year early tho, it hurt his development.

Member of the Grind Line, and he's gonna leave you black and blue!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatie Pete View Post
    He was a good player for the wheats, he shouldn't have left a year early tho, it hurt his development.
    Codey Burki never lived up to any expectations. He never lived up to the 1st round bantam pick at all and he never lived up to the 3rd round NHL draft pick. Even when he eventually signed with Colorado, he got an unreal deal that was basically in the value of a 1st rounder so they were clearly very high on him but he never delivered. I've never in all my years watching the Wheat Kings, seen a player play with such zero aggressivness. He was a ***** flat out and hated to get hit. The above post is absolutely correct, he never should have gone to pro at age 20. He should have came back and ever since then that has really messed his development big time. They say thats his biggest knock is that he hasn't come to realize that he's playing against men and not young 19 year olds anymore. He'll be a star in the ECHL but nothing more...