Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Draft

Default Draft

Well in the next 7 days we get the NHL draft and then the CHL Import draft. I am curious to watch what happens on when Petrovic goes, and whereabouts Kudrna gets drafted. Does anyone else get drafted i.e. Cowen?

As for the CHL import draft do we have anyone we would use our pick for or are we happy with Persson?

I just wanted to open a thread since there has been very little chatter in the last week.

I would like to see Kudrna back in a Rebel uniform next season, but if he isn't drafted by an NHL team this season, I think the chances of him staying in Slovakia or going elsewhere in Europe are much greater--in which case we would have a spot free for an import pick. Persson wasn't outstanding last season, but he wasn't bad either, and his physical game really picked up towards the end of the season. I suspect that he will be back.

I think Kudrna will be back, and I agree that Persson was coming on, but if they have the ability to upgrade Persson I wouldmt be surprised to see them draft someone else.

Default Kudrna

I agree with SND ... if Kudrna isn't drafted he won't come back. He'd probably be better off making some $$ in a league over there somewhere. He was also drafted in the KHL draft about a month ago, so that might intice him to give that a shot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelsfan13 View Post
    if they have the ability to upgrade Persson I wouldmt be surprised to see them draft someone else.
    What exactly is the procedure you use to 'upgrade' Persson in a total crapshoot like the import draft? Send him home, cross your fingers and hope you don't pick another Polak or Barak?

Alex talks about the draft with the Advocate looks like he would really like to go to the Oilers here is the link.
    http://www.albertalocalnews.com/redd..._96975444.html

Wow, not many players that would come out and say that they actually WANT to play for Edmonton. Maybe they should take him with the #1 pick!

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    What exactly is the procedure you use to 'upgrade' Persson in a total crapshoot like the import draft? Send him home, cross your fingers and hope you don't pick another Polak or Barak?
    The import draft is a crap shoot but occasionally you land a player that turns out to be Hanzal. The import draft is different you have usually talked to the person and know whether or not he will play for you. So if the rebels have an in they may make a pick otherwise you stick with the two horses you have. I never said it was likely lol

Way to go Petro~!
    Last edited by Rebelsfan13; 06-26-2010 at 11:48 AM. Reason: mistake

Default Kudrna

Quote from the Advocate:

Kudrna’s agent, meanwhile, continued to assure Wallin that Kudrna will return to the Rebels for the 2010-11 WHL season despite being passed over twice in the NHL draft.

“His agent said Andrej is coming back, which is what he’s been telling me all along,” said Wallin. “And I understand that Phoenix is interested in giving him a free agent tryout, which is good news for Andrej.”