Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Draft

I see on CHL.ca, that Seattle is listed under the 'traded to' section for the Rebels 1st round import draft pick. Looks like we are sticking with what we have for imports. Wonder who or what we acquired for the 1st round import draft pick?

Nothing out there yet, but likely a later round bantam draft pick in return. With the Import draft being such a crap shoot these days I can't see us getting much more in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelsfan13 View Post
    Nothing out there yet, but likely a later round bantam draft pick in return. With the Import draft being such a crap shoot these days I can't see us getting much more in return.
    You are probably right, especially a 34th overall pick.

President of Hockey Operations/Head Coach of the Red Deer Rebels Hockey Club announced today that they have traded their 1st round, 34th overall selection in today's Canadian Hockey League Import Draft to the Seattle Thunderbirds in exchange for the Thunderbirds' 4th round pick in the 2012 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft.

Good return for a 34th overall pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    Good return for a 34th overall pick.
    No kidding, turned something they couldn't even use into a 4th round pick! Wonder what Seattle has up their sleeves?

Kind of funny that they used the pick to draft someone with the last name Sutter