Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: McEwans selections

Default Vavra

just as a aside Vavra is playing for a Lethbridge team, however like Maxwell he plays for the Bulls as a pitcher

Default i totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by canes watcher View Post
    I think the focus on talent instead of pedigree will pay off. Players like Merkley are top-end kids and contain real potential. The draft is a real mystery, as kids are drafted too young but I like the looks of the players taken the past two years and it takes time and effort to help them pan out. The atmosphere around the organization before was toxic. It's too bad our previous coach didn't have a supportive GM to work with.

i totally agree with you look at all the players that roy staticuk the former coach

Worst thing about the Vavra pick was that the kid was always going to play baseball over hockey. And all Brad May did was disappear during big playoff games. Let's not go crazy canonizing players from that conference championship team. Tri-City, Vancouver or Spokane could have all beat the 'Canes for the Dub title. And Canes77, Reners best shot on the team? Give him some PP time? Take the pressure off the kid and judge him by what he has done at this level. Not much so far and he'll be one of the kids fighting for a spot this year. I hope he makes it, but it ain't easy in this league.