Thread: Ferland, Stone drafted

Default Ferland, Stone drafted

Ferland was drafted by Calgary, 133rd overall. Stone drafted by Ottawa, 178th overall.

Congrats to both guys. Really happy for Ferland. He is going to have a monster year this season

Iconcup

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
    Congrats to both guys. Really happy for Ferland. He is going to have a monster year this season
    Stone is a smart player. Very unselfish.

Stones biggest knock is and always will be his foot speed. He's the 2nd coming of Mark Derlago. Very smart with the puck and pretty much always knows where to be but just has zero foot speed! Just like Derlago, he would have been a really high draft pick was it not for his speed.

Stone won't score 46 goals though

All-Time Favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by dagley View Post
    Stone won't score 46 goals though
    No I agree with that, Stone won't score 46 goals. He'll be a huge part to this team but I agree won't top the 40 goal campaign.

Chances are he won't score 40 goals, BUT... if Schenn comes back and I think he will, after he has a cup of coffee with the Kings to start the year, and KM or Dallas wants Glennie back at centre again?? Who has played well in that spot before? (when he was 16). If all that happens... I think he may be able to get to 40.