Thread: Jeff Smith

Default Jeff Smith

Jeff Smith is still playing professional hockey. Pretty impressive considering he wasn't a naturally talented player. What is also impressive is that he won a Memorial Cup, ECHL Cup, AHL Cup, and another in Europe. Here is an article

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/cov...2746-26908180/

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelsfan13 View Post
    Jeff Smith is still playing professional hockey. Pretty impressive considering he wasn't a naturally talented player. What is also impressive is that he won a Memorial Cup, ECHL Cup, AHL Cup, and another in Europe. Here is an article

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/cov...2746-26908180/
    He also sports one of the biggest high stick goals in the playoffs against Brandon...I think some wheat kings fans are still stinging from that brutal call.

They must be, if you are still bitter about one goal in a semi-final game a decade ago.

Wow, that is holding a grudge. Was that the 2001-2002 season? I imagine then you would still remeber being up 3 games to 1 and the Rebels coming back and winning three straight. See I don't remember the high stick but I do remember the amazing come back and winning in double OT in game 6!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelsfan13 View Post
    Wow, that is holding a grudge. Was that the 2001-2002 season? I imagine then you would still remeber being up 3 games to 1 and the Rebels coming back and winning three straight. See I don't remember the high stick but I do remember the amazing come back and winning in double OT in game 6!
    What you guys dont understand is that I really could care less...literally! Like you said, that was about 10 years ago (which was right around the age when I really looked up to alot of the players) and was a huge fan at a younger age. At the time, I definitely cared and was choked but to this day I don't care one bit if Brandon wins or loses. I just thought I'd throw that out there about Smith because that is 100% the 1 thing he is rememberd by in Brandon. Fan or not, 10 years ago or 5 years ago...it was a high stick that Smith will always be rememberd