Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ferraro Traded to Everett for Froese

Default Ferraro Traded to Everett for Froese

Red Deer has finally traded disgruntled forward Landon Ferraro and a conditional 5th round pick in the 2012 Bantam pick for 19 year old Forward Byron Froese and a 3rd round pick in 2012.

Froese is a Draft pick of the Chicago Blackhawks who got 61 pts in 70 games last season with Everett
    Shinyshoes
    'Cause if your going to hell, you may as well go with a smile on your face.
    KEEPING THE FAITH!!

Looks to be a good trade for the Rebels. They get a quality center-man with over 60 points last year who apparently was an assistant captain (as his profile appears on the silvertips site), and a 3rd round pick doesn't hurt. Not sure on the conditional 5th round pick going back to Everett, perhaps because he is 19 it may involve whether he plays in the league next year.

I can't imagine there is anyone surprised that Landon was finally dealt. Hopefully Froese is excited to come into Red Deer and fits in well with the team. A third round pick in exchange for a 5th isn't bad either.

Landon gets to go to west which it looked like was the direction he wanted to go. I will be curious to watch if the change of scenery helps him. For his sake I hope it does, but now this saga is over for the Rebels which eliminates the distraction and should lead to a very solid team this year. I can't wait for training camp!

no surprise ferraro was dealt. and out west.

a little surprised at the return. the rebels stayed true to their wanting a player who could help immediately.

could red deer have got more if they waited a little longer? at what price to team chemistry.

could red deer have got more if they went with younger players in return? i guess at some point you're got to stop saying tomorrow, and start saying now.

I think the team shapes up well to take a run this year. If you have the opportunity to get a player who can step in and get 70-80 points next year, combined with the offense from kudrna and hopkins, it sets your offense up well to compliment a stellar lineup on the backend.

Good trade. I've heard good things about Froese.

I am glad they got something in return and I agree that they definitely can make some noise this year especially if they were to get Coetzee back. You never know, if it were any other team than Detroit then this wouldn't even be a consideration but it is Detroit so he could still come back. That would be the best forward lineup we have seen in many years.

If Coetzee returns as a 20, we have Coetzee, RNH, Kudrna and Froese, what 3 do we start on our top line?

That sure is a nice problem to have. Much better than having to pick three guys who to play on the top line that wouldn't dress on the third line for any other team. I know I sound like a broken record but if you chose not to fill the 20 year old spot with Kuemper and Coetzee did come back up you could also keep Ferguson and that would set up a very lethal first two lines, especially if a couple of the younger guys step it up this year (e.g. Persson or Siwak)