Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ferraro Traded to Everett for Froese

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelsfan13 View Post
    I find it odd that a kid who has yet to play a game of pro hockey is confident enough to say that he "did not see eye to eye on some things". After watching RNH, Coetzee, Kambeitz, Petrovic and Elson all improve dramatically under wallin, I simply see th degressing ferraro as a cocky kid lacking character.

Also confused on the physical aspect part of the game Everett sees in Ferraro. Did he win a puck battle all year?

Quote Originally Posted by hockey4 View Post
    Also confused on the physical aspect part of the game Everett sees in Ferraro. Did he win a puck battle all year?
    Not as many as he should have for sure, but though he played half as many games, he probably had twice as many hits as anyone else on the team. And despite his very slight frame, he has no problems with dropping the gloves.

I think that two things have to happen for him to be successful with his new team next year. Most importantly, he has to be the top player on the Silvertips. It was fairly obvious that his struggles began almost immediately after RNH rolled into town, and Coetzee and even Kudrna became more dominant players than him (which wasn't made easier by his injuries). He is a player that requires a great deal of the spotlight. Secondly, he has to not sustain an injury that will keep him out for a 3rd of the season or more. He has averaged around 50 games played per season so far in his career. If his injury woes continue next season, this could turn out to be a bad deal for Everett.

Gotta love it when a KID is unhappy with a team that gives him a chance. My opinion is Ferraro's a spoiled brat! Good for the Rebel's gettin rid of that poison! Hope Froese works out for you guys! What is it with SOME kids that are unhappy with their situations? They have the world by the tail and just need to concentrate on getting better, but decide sulking is the way to go?!? He joins the likes of Jesse Dudas and Geordie Wudrick in my mind. Both of those guys were spoiled children for the Broncos as well and neither player has yet to amount to anything, and I'm glad for that. Ferraro's antics are UNWELCOME in the dub!!!! Learn to be glad with your situation, learn to be a team player and leave your selfish ambitions at home!!!

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by trucker View Post
    Gotta love it when a KID is unhappy with a team that gives him a chance. My opinion is Ferraro's a spoiled brat! Good for the Rebel's gettin rid of that poison! Hope Froese works out for you guys! What is it with SOME kids that are unhappy with their situations? They have the world by the tail and just need to concentrate on getting better, but decide sulking is the way to go?!? He joins the likes of Jesse Dudas and Geordie Wudrick in my mind. Both of those guys were spoiled children for the Broncos as well and neither player has yet to amount to anything, and I'm glad for that. Ferraro's antics are UNWELCOME in the dub!!!! Learn to be glad with your situation, learn to be a team player and leave your selfish ambitions at home!!!
    Excellent post! I could post the same thing but when I do it I sound like a homer, it sure is nice to hear an impartial fans view of the situation.

Default Before you convict the player....

there is the chance that Wallin and Ferraro did not get along and it might not just be Ferraro's fault. Why is it always the player's fault when he wants out.

Maybe it is the fault of the organization or coach. Personality conflicts occur and why would a player want to stay in a negative, poisonous environment. There is the chance that Ferraro is not totally at fault here, especially since Red Deer has said they have been trying to trade him since the bantam draft.

Maybe Wallin decided it was going to be RNH's team and Ferraro was going to have to take a backseat. If that is so then why cant a player ask for a trade?

The days of blind loyalty in sports is gone...look at Byfuglien..stanley cup champion one day, Thrasher the next. Where is the loyalty there.
    It is a business so why cant the players play by the same rules the teams play by???

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher View Post
    there is the chance that Wallin and Ferraro did not get along and it might not just be Ferraro's fault. Why is it always the player's fault when he wants out.

Maybe it is the fault of the organization or coach. Personality conflicts occur and why would a player want to stay in a negative, poisonous environment. There is the chance that Ferraro is not totally at fault here, especially since Red Deer has said they have been trying to trade him since the bantam draft.

Maybe Wallin decided it was going to be RNH's team and Ferraro was going to have to take a backseat. If that is so then why cant a player ask for a trade?

The days of blind loyalty in sports is gone...look at Byfuglien..stanley cup champion one day, Thrasher the next. Where is the loyalty there.
    It is a business so why cant the players play by the same rules the teams play by???
    Wallin never said he needed to go, Ferraro demanded this trade. Over and over in the media it was clear that Ferraro wanted out (you just have to read the Detroit newspaper clippings to validate this). Wallin has had success with other players (e.g. Coetzee and RNH) and they are not demanding to leave. Just because RNH is a better player than Ferraro it is no need to sulk, suck it up and play.

Your argument of Byfulglien is irrelevant, the NHL has a salary cap and Chicago had to get rid of 10 players to meet the cap. We can move on now Ray, Ferraro is in a new environment and we will see what he does there. I really hope he succeeds but I doubt it. Cass Mappin demanded a trade for two years because he thought he needed a change of scenery, luckily for the Rebels Vancouver took him and gave us Kudrna in return, too bad he also wore out his welcome in Vancouver after only a couple of months.

I guess only time will tell, I wish him luck and hope that he is able to turn back into the player that the Rebels thought he was going to be. More importantly however I hope the Froese has a stellar year and comes here is happy to be a Rebel and plays hard every night, something that Landon didn't do which if you went to the games you would have a hard time arguing that he did!

Default Still odd...

that a fan would blame only the player, jesse.
    Always the players fault never the teams....

must be nice for any organization to have total control over the lives of 16-20yr olds while paying them next to nothing, promising them nothing, providing no support for off season expenses etc, and then having a free ride for their fan base in case they sour a relationship with a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher View Post
    must be nice for any organization to have total control over the lives of 16-20yr olds while paying them next to nothing, promising them nothing, providing no support for off season expenses etc, and then having a free ride for their fan base in case they sour a relationship with a player.
    Thats a little better, at least you just made a vague, blanket accusation rather than using complete misinformation this time to try to back up your theory...

There is no total control in this league. If the player doesn't want to invest anything into furthering their hockey career, they can just quit and go to school and get a job like everyone else does. As for the fan base, none of them are going to be ecstatic about a player not wanting to play for their favorite team, and/or be in their community. It is human nature, deal with it.

Couldn't have said it better Section N!! Teacher seems to be in favour of disrespectful kids, and should think things through before he types them! These players are kids and can't be allowed to be unhappy with their organizations, or for that matter demand trades. These kids are given a chance in this league by all teams and when the player decides to put a pout on in hurts the organization and the league. The NHL can't be compared to in this situation Teacher, those are players that have proved themselves for many years and have managment teams to deal with salary caps! Players in the dub need to be thankful, respectful and courteous to the team that takes a chance on the them so that if they do develop into an NHL player and do make the money THEN they can pull the funnies! Kids at any age should be taught to respect their managment teams and be a willing participent on the team. The Dub won't survive if players are allowed to be disgruntled, thank goodness the vast majority of players recognize this and the Ferraro's and Dudas' and Wudricks are a small minority! Don't "stick up" for spoiled players Teacher, people like you would burn this league to the ground given an opportunity!! Thank goodness your uneducated say is only allowed on this board!

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

Last I heard collegiate athletes (I think they are usually older even than our players here in the dub) also don't get paid. The difference here is that each team in the WHL has owners and the owners make pretty good money. Should the players get a bigger a piece of that, should collegiate players make money? For some football games in the US attendance is around a 100,000 people.

That is a completely different debate than the one we were having though. I commend you on your shot back calling me Jesse, good to see you have a sense of humor. I think Coaches do need to be held accountable, I just don't see this one as a Jesse issue, maybe I am wrong. Everything I have seen from Jesse from when he was a player to where he is now gives me complete confidence in his character. I do questions Landon's regardless of his age, at the same age I wouldn't have questioned Jesse's.

My point is that other players are growing under Jesse, and yet Landon was not. How often do we see Coaches being fired? Pretty frequently, too often they are the fall guy when a team isn't performing or players on their team aren't performing. I commend Brent on supporting Jesse through this and am excited to see what the Rebels look like next year. Who knows maybe somebody else will want to be moved and it turns out that Jesse was the issue, that's not where my money is though. I think Jesse is doing a good job and with character players in the dressing room that we are in for a fun year of hockey.