Thread: Loading up for a Run

Default Loading up for a Run

Who should we be looking at moving in order to take a chance at winning it all in RNH, Coetzee and Kuempers last year.

Default RNH in last year

I think we all need to take a deep breath and slow down a little here. RNH is an amazingly talented player and will be a premier NHL player but wait a second not all 18 year olds play in the NHL and I bet you couldn't find one that is 166 pounds (even the short guys weigh more than this, and last year he was only listed at 150!). Eberle didn't play in Edmonton last year and they were awful, I think with RNH's frame there is a good chance that he still comes back next year, and as much as I hope and think we get Coetzee back that is yet to come to fruition.

So let's slow down and not sell the farm yet, if Coetzee comes back then we can decide whether or not we think we have the horses to make a run, and make the trades then, if not and we believe that RNH is a Rebel in 2011 well maybe next year is better to make the run and see what happens this year with what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelsfan13 View Post
    RNH is an amazingly talented player and will be a premier NHL player but wait a second not all 18 year olds play in the NHL and I bet you couldn't find one that is 166 pounds (even the short guys weigh more than this, and last year he was only listed at 150!).
    A guy that was drafted and signed, and entered the NHL at 5'10 and 162lbs, just won the Stanley Cup. RNH might be back next season, or he might not--I sure wouldn't put money on it though.

The odds are against him. I am not sure exactly which Blackhawk you are referring to but it is likely Kane, and when he entered the NHL he was a 19 year old. There are other examples on that same team that also didn't play at 18.

Jonathan Toews 19 (3rd pick overall)
    Patrick Sharp 22
    Kris Versteeg 21

He may make it at 18 but he also could be back, which is different than the original post that guarantees he is gone

Default Team talent including RNH

Hi fellow RR fans, this is my first post on this site. I have really enjoyed reading your opinions and thoughts since I first visited this site.There is no doubt that RNH is a freak of nature for his talent maturity at such a young age. Fact of the matter is that some have this talent naturally and can bring it to the ice in the early stages of their hockey lives as RHN has. There is although other players on this team that have that natural talent that will show up on the ice through development and experience and of coarse maturity. There are a few 17 year olds soon to be 18 year olds that have shown rapid progress and skill levels if measured from the beginning of the season until the end of the season. I hope and believe that RNH will be a Rebel for the next couple of seasons as he is and will continue to be the measuring stick for his team mates for consistent creatifity and talented skill.