Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hitmen Training Camp

The Hitmen have picked up 19 year old Riley Reinbolt from the Warriors today. Reinbolt has 10 points in 116 WHL games.

Icon32

Interesting to see Roach play left wing last night. He had Trz'ski on the right side & Broissoit in the middle. He did seem lost at times but sure added size to the forwards. As far as trading a dman it will come down to two players. Schmidt is the most likely as I would put both Roach & Lubin ahead of him and we have some good 15 & 16's (Wallace, Donald & Greig) for the future. I know you won't get a top 6 forward but you can get a 17 yr old forward for the future or else in a package for an 18 yr old. I still see Stebner as trade bait if we can get a top line O/A forward. With MacK, Riss, Kosterman, Benny & Berg we can afford trading Zac for a goal scorer. And we can rotate the three young dman in the sixth slot. So if we can add a Brock Nixon type of forward then this trade makes sense. Plus we get a draft choice from Kamloops if Stebner isn't back (unless this part gets voided because we get an asset already for him- most probable).

Players still around. both Beach and MacKenzie remain away at NHL camps.

Forwards
    Cheek, Trevor
    Clayton, Chase
    Landry, Neil
    Lawrence, John
    Reinbolt, Riley
    Santini, Brendan
    Skrudland, Simon
    Trzonkowski, Rob
    Kirsch, Justin
    Bubnick, Jimmy
    Sylvester, Cody
    Foucault, Kris
    Royer, Mackenzie
    Fiddler, Tyler
    Beach, Cody
    Defencemen
    Kosterman, Peter
    Lubin, Keaton
    Roach, Alex
    Schmidt, Kyle
    Wilson, Ben
    Berg, Carter
    MacKenzie, Matt
    Rissling, Jaynen
    Stebner, Zak
    Aschim, Kyle
    Goaltenders
    Holly, Juraj
    Snider, Michael

Default My thoughts on the season...

The Hitmen are really going to be hard pressed to score goals this year. Lots of pressure on the older kids up front this year, Fiddler, Foucault, Bubnick, Beach and Sylvester. I expect a good year from Justin Kirsch. The kid had so many chances last year but just couldn't buy a break. I am really looking forward to seeing this American kid, Trevor Cheek play. Apparently he is fast.

The strength is on the blue line this year and will be anchored by Matt MacKenzie was he is returned. Stebner, Wilson, Kosterman and Rissling round out the top 5.

If some of the young kids can step up in a big way offensively, I see them Hitmen in the middle of the pack but if no kids step up they might be in a fight for a playoff spot.