RADIO NL WELCOMES THE NEW VOICE OF THE BLAZERS

NL Broadcasting is pleased to announce that JON KEEN will become the new voice of the Kamloops Blazers on Radio NL – AM 610 this season.

Jon is no stranger to the Western Hockey League. The 31-year-old native of Lanigan, Saskatchewan obtained his Broadcast Journalism degree at Lethbridge Community College in 1999, and has spent the last seven seasons as the play-by-play voice of the Swift Current Broncos. He has also produced and hosted “The WHL This Week – Radio Edition” on behalf of the W.H.L. Jon is an avid golfer during the off-season and has also been active in his community, donating time and effort to the Swift Current Kidsport program.

“I feel both thrilled and honoured to be the next voice of the Kamloops Blazers”, said Keen. “I want to continue building on a strong partnership between Radio NL, the Blazers organization, and the fans. I plan on bringing energy and enthusiasm to the broadcasts, to match what should be an exciting rise to the top of the B.C. Division.”

“There was no shortage of applications for this position and I was sincerely impressed by the quality of play by play broadcasters who applied for the opportunity to call the action for the Kamloops Blazers”, said NL Operations Manager Jim Reynolds. “We know that Jon will continue to meet the high standards set by the three previous broadcasters who held this position – Kelly Moore, Jeff Paterson and Kirk Fraser.”

Jon will arrive in Kamloops shortly after the Labour Day Weekend and begin preparing for the Blazers season opener against the Prince George Cougars on Friday night, September 24th at the Interior Savings Centre.