Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Training Camp 2010 - Surprising & Not So Surprising

Iconcup

Deadly,
    Raiderfan15 has been around here for years, as a fan, poster and moderator. This is a hockey fan forum/blog. You need to chill out. If you don't agree with a posting, then state your case or point of view. Attacking the poster is inappropriate and misplaced. Being the subject of these fan forums and blogs is part of the gig when you are playing in the WHL and other major junior leagues and onwards and upwards. But hey, I don't agree with everything raiderfan15 says either, so target the comment and give a good rebuttal, which you did in the Herle comments. Incidentally, raiderfan15 has historically been a big fan of Herle, so obviously you haven't been reading the posts for very long.

Deadly Guest

Default 2010

raider beleiver,

I am sure Raider 15 has been around along time great like the rest of us. My point is we are all fans of the Raiders and want the best. I don't need to chill out it is a forum and these discussions take place. I just thought some of his comments were way off (my opinion that's all) It just seem's there is to much negative and never enough positive about the team that's all.
    No-disrespect just my opinion.

Deadly Guest

Default 2010

I have been a fan for years like you, all I want is to be positve. These players for the most part are kids playing an NHL schedule. As a Raider fan we have developed some elite players over the past. I like watching the team good or bad and I like to give all these players a chance. The scouts have seen something in these players that's why they are here. Lets be positive and sit back and watch, the regular season has not started yet. We have tons of experience and every player wants to be here.

ROUND 2 LOL ok boys no shots below the belt. Protect yourselves at all times.

You Wanna Ring The Bell
    DING DING
    www.childrenswish.ca

my post was late i was going to post after deadly but you guys beat me to the "punch" lol
    www.childrenswish.ca

good to see passion, good or bad its all about the team. kinda like bad press, you still read it!
    ________
    DRUG TESTING KIT
    Last edited by lostsheep; 04-12-2011 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan15 View Post
    I see Sean Aschim was released by the Rockets today. I guess Bruno did well getting a 6th for him.
    maybe like his brother he will catch on a year later

Iconcup

With teams in our own division making trades to strengthen themselves i.e. Swift Current and Moose Jaw. Does this put any pressure on Bruno to pull the trigger on a couple of deals to help us? The MJ deal for a goalie was huge for them, and they landed a good one who could have been an upgrade on Tucker in my opinion. And before anyone jumps all over me about saying something negative about Tucker ..... remember he's the guy who came to camp woefully out of shape just like he did last year in Vancouver ... and got his butt traded here, Don Hay is still chuckling about that one!
    What about Button? What kind of return could we get for him? He's not Bruno's typical rock'em sock'em type of player, but he would probably be of significant value to a few other teams. Maybe we could get a high draft for next year and an 18 year old top 6 forward plus maybe a prospect?? Maybe I'm dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider Believer View Post
    With teams in our own division making trades to strengthen themselves i.e. Swift Current and Moose Jaw. Does this put any pressure on Bruno to pull the trigger on a couple of deals to help us? The MJ deal for a goalie was huge for them, and they landed a good one who could have been an upgrade on Tucker in my opinion. And before anyone jumps all over me about saying something negative about Tucker ..... remember he's the guy who came to camp woefully out of shape just like he did last year in Vancouver ... and got his butt traded here, Don Hay is still chuckling about that one!
    What about Button? What kind of return could we get for him? He's not Bruno's typical rock'em sock'em type of player, but he would probably be of significant value to a few other teams. Maybe we could get a high draft for next year and an 18 year old top 6 forward plus maybe a prospect?? Maybe I'm dreaming.
    button will not be traded unless we aquire another drafted player as the raiders need the development money.
    packing up a few guys to get carter ashton is what i hope to see.

beau stewart, braid, waselenko, balson, fiddler, etc......... would be a group id look to move.
    i would have tried to use harrison to get him if i could.

Iconcup

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan15 View Post
    Ashton might not even be back in the league. And it would be as dumb of Bruno to give up a whack of future to get Ashton as it was of Parker to give up Balog and a 1st and a 2nd to get him. It doesnt make any kind of sense to give that kind of youth up for a 1 year player. And a 2nd for Tucker is a good deal for the Raiders if Tucker plays how he is capable or even how he played against the Broncos. And he still has another year left.
    To give up what kind of youth raiderfan15? The following is my opinion only: Balson we are in agreement on, he probably shouldn't even be here this year and next year he'll be 18, and sadly the same is true of Stewart and Wasylenko. From what I saw of the 95s in camp this year, I doubt that some of the 93's will ever have another sniff, not too many 18 year olds come into the league as rookies .... and ya I know there are exceptions, but not many.
    Connor Braid and Fiddler are what the real price of Ashton would be. I would be reluctant to throw Fiddler into the mix. I would be more inclined to send Paslawski down the highway with Braid, Stewart, Balson and Wasylenko, but only if Regina sweetened the pot with a couple of draft picks, say a 3'rd rounder in 2011 and a 4th rounder in 2012. Regina has so little in the cupboard now that they need to restock themselves, so this might be a workable deal. Regina gets new/young blood. We get a guy who will probably help us get to the playoffs and we get rid of Balson .. bonus. This also negates the need for any more cuts. Yaworski can move up to forward as our 13th and it will leave us with 8 dmen. It would be fun to see a line of Conner, Herle and Yaworski .... warm up PK!