Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Training Camp 2010 - Surprising & Not So Surprising

Whats the status of Jordan Trach?

Jordan Retired from hockey. He did that about 2 years ago. To many Concussions.
    www.childrenswish.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Raider Believer View Post
    Provisional Projected Lineup

Goalies:

Tucker
    Williams

Defense:

Button
    Deck
    Rowley
    Bourhis
    Bettauer
    Hrynyk
    Berry-Lamontagna
    Ruopp

Forwards:

Revenko
    Herrod
    McNeill
    Maylan
    Parker
    (the next 5 are interchangable on depth chart, depending on what you want)
    Danyluk
    MacKenzie
    Winther
    Svendsen
    Paslawski

Herle
    Fiddler
    Balson

*NB* Yaworski will be released or traded IMO. If Chase Braid makes the squad, and I think this is unlikely with two other 16 year olds in the lineup, then I suspect Herle may be released.
    Another possibility, and given Bruno's fondness for fighters, maybe Yaworski stays as a forward and Herle gets released. Yaworski would then be able to be inserted on the d-line for certain situations.

I like raiderfan15's idea of packaging Button with something else to bring in a top shelf winger. Brandon needs to restock after depleting their resources last season to make a run at the Memorial Cup, maybe a package of Button, Parker, Fiddler & Balson with a 3rd round pick might entice them. I think it will take at least this to get their attention. And IMO we can afford this.

Jordan Kochan in camp with the Oil Kings and David Dotan is in camp with the Giants.

Iconcup

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan15 View Post
    Reddin is gone to thrPats for a 6th
    Bruno did well to get a sixth rounder for him.

The first exhibition game was a good start. We fell short in the shootout but it was good hard hockey for 3 periods. I thought the following stood out:

Eric Williams was absolutely unbelievable!
    The Maylan, Svendson, MacKenzie line was very effective and a plus 2 for the night. McNeill was excellent and very strong on the puck. Ruopp gave Siemens a good ass kicking and rearranged his features a little! Good to see! Morrissey showed a lot of poise and read the play well. Herle brought a lot of energy.

Iconcup

Guys who need to pull up their socks:

Bettauer did not have a strong game Wednesday night against the Blades. He maybe left the door open a crack for Yaworski to punch back into the lineup. Should be a good tilt between the Yawrockski and Dunc on Friday nite in the Toon!

Balson is going to be a wealthy young man in the not too distant future. There has got to be an eager market for the invisible cloaking device he has discovered and managed to exhibit throughout camp and last nights game.

Paslawski must have been reading chapter 9 of Mother Teresa's biography before last nights game. He looked like the poster boy for pacifism.

Fiddler needs a formal introduction to the defensive side of the puck.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan15 View Post
    I noticed Constant around the puck and carrying the puck alot more last night then he did in any of the other scrimages. Balson was still M.I.A. Where Bruno got that he was gritty I will never know. I thought Hrynyk was pretty good and Willliams was unreal.
    i agree pretty much, real dissapointed in fiddler, hopefully he picks it up. thought bettauer looked good.

best fight in a while

fiddler had another poor outing, constant, braid, gaspar, and berry-lamontagna looked real good. balson had his cloaking device on again. bouhris played real well.
    were the raiders planning on pk'ing the whole preseason ? musta took a dozen penalties each game. it was like playing the wheatkings.

Iconcup

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
    fiddler had another poor outing, constant, braid, gaspar, and berry-lamontagna looked real good. balson had his cloaking device on again. bouhris played real well.
    were the raiders planning on pk'ing the whole preseason ? musta took a dozen penalties each game. it was like playing the wheatkings.
    I've deliberately not made any comments ..... maybe invoking the 24 hour rule, cause it's hard not to be discouraged after Friday night's game.
    I agree with you Dwight, Fiddler showed once again that he is just not ready, which is scary cause we gave up Harrison for him, and if Fiddler isn't ready now, what are the odds he'll be an impact guy at 18? And Balson did his usual invisible act, but I ask .... where was Winther? We know Danyluk is on the shelf with an injury for probably a minimum of 3 more weeks. Hmmm.... this leaves us with a bunch of question marks around the vaunted youth movement. The good news is that Revenko is back. And at least we know our defense is pretty solid. Altho I keep on having a sneaking suspicion that Bruno might have to dip into the back end to engineer some trades and bolster the forwards. Also good news is that McNeill seems ready to take the next step into stardom and MacKenzie is everything we were lead to believe and maybe more. It also looks like Herrod is poised for another stellar season. And maybe the biggest news is the emergence of Eric Williams as a legitimate threat to take over the #1 spot. My concern is the readiness of the young guys. They got knocked around out there both Wed and Fri. Other than MacKenzie, none of them seemed prepared to handle the rough going. The score on Wednesday flattered the Raiders. In fact they were badly outplayed and were only competitive because of the heroic efforts of Williams between the pipes. Friday's game was an embarrassment, outshot, outhit and outplayed. Long term I am worried. Unless Bruno pulls some magic trades the team will not make the playoffs with this group. I can already hear Raiderfan15 saying that I'm an alarmist and that I've got to give the young guys a chance. My answer is simple: We don't have the time and points to waste in a tough eastern conference. Poor performance equals poor attendance which equals losses at the box office which equals moving outta town. Can you spell PENTICTON? And while I'm on a roll of questioning what the hell is going on ..... let me ask, how did our 94s stack up against Olsen of the Blades? How did our 95s stack up against Nikkel of the Blades. I have my opinion ... which is why I'm considering changing my name from Believer to Skeptic.

I went to the game on Friday night, for a few reasons, see Winther, Williams who didn't play and Fiddler. While I think Winther will be a pretty good player for you guys, the only time I noticed Fiddler was in warm ups when I was looking for his number. During the game I didn't notice him and I was quite surprised, seeing that he dominated in the midget league last winter and played for team west at the U17 tournament. Not trying to take shots at your guy's team but I didn't notice really anyone from your Raiders which was a bit surprising. I didn't think the Blades would outplay them in every category but we do gotta keep in mind though that the Raiders didn't have their regular lineup out on the ice, same could be said bout the Blades. I think this year it'll be a good battle between our two teams.

I gotta question why Braid was re-assigned, he was actually one player I did notice a bit, Winther being the other.
    Last edited by Trav; 09-05-2010 at 01:31 PM.