Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Training Camp 2010 - Surprising & Not So Surprising

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan15 View Post
    so far there hasent been a cut that Balson has out performed on any scrimmage.... mainly because he has been the worst , and most disinterested player out there.
    at least mckenzie has lived up to his billing

so this is what i think is left here

Goalie
    Tucker
    Williams

Defence
    Rowley
    Button
    Deck
    Hrynyk
    Yaworski
    Bettauer
    Bourhis
    Berry lamontagna
    Ruopp

Forwards
    Svendsen
    Mcneill
    Herrod
    Maylan
    Fiddler
    Winther
    Herle
    Parker
    Paslawski
    Balson
    Mackenzie
    Danyluk
    Gaspar
    revenko

id be shopping button for a good 93 or 94 winger or dman with size. id also cut balson. yaworski stays as a 4th ine wing/utility player

Rumor has that a 20 yr old goalie from the west might make his way to PA. Just a rumor nothing confirmed yet
    www.childrenswish.ca

I kind of hope we keep are 20 year old's the way they are. I just hope Herle is cut soon because I hate watching a 19 year old that is no help to the team take up a spot on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderfan8 View Post
    I kind of hope we keep are 20 year old's the way they are. I just hope Herle is cut soon because I hate watching a 19 year old that is no help to the team take up a spot on the roster.
    seriously i dont get the hate on the guy. gritty and hits skates well and is good on the pk. put him on a 3-4 line he will gladly step in for the young guys. if he were a overage i could see not wanting him. but really who is he robbing ice time from ? balson ? fiddler?

relax on fiddler we preach how we dont develop young guys lets give him a chance two pre season games and were ready to run him out of town. have to admit it is frustrating watching him right now and being a raider fan just saying give him a chance

Quote Originally Posted by westbeach55 View Post
    relax on fiddler we preach how we dont develop young guys lets give him a chance two pre season games and were ready to run him out of town. have to admit it is frustrating watching him right now and being a raider fan just saying give him a chance
    while fiddler no doubt has been dissapointing he also is highly skilled. i dont think anyone questions his skill level. ive seen fiddler play about 6x last year plus 2 preseason games this year. i really hope he can pick it up

yeah me too thats all i was getting at, revenko took some time to settle in hopefully fiddler can too

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
    while fiddler no doubt has been dissapointing he also is highly skilled. i dont think anyone questions his skill level. ive seen fiddler play about 6x last year plus 2 preseason games this year. i really hope he can pick it up

Iconcup

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
    so this is what i think is left here

Goalie
    Tucker
    Williams

Defence
    Rowley
    Button
    Deck
    Hrynyk
    Yaworski
    Bettauer
    Bourhis
    Berry lamontagna
    Ruopp

Forwards
    Svendsen
    Mcneill
    Herrod
    Maylan
    Fiddler
    Winther
    Herle
    Parker
    Paslawski
    Balson
    Mackenzie
    Danyluk
    Gaspar
    revenko

id be shopping button for a good 93 or 94 winger or dman with size. id also cut balson. yaworski stays as a 4th ine wing/utility player
    I totally agree with you. I'd even go a big step further and package Button with Tucker and one of the forwards like Balson or Fiddler. I'd try to land a 92ish big power forward who can play on the top 2 lines and get 65 to 80 points. I truly believe that Williams is the best goalie we have and I'd look at developing another 93 or even 94 tender to back up Williams. I wonder what it would take to pry Jansen out of Vancouver??