Thread: Morgan Clark traded to PG

Default Morgan Clark traded to PG

Prince George, BC – Prince George Cougars General Manager Dallas Thompson announced Monday the Cougars have acquired 20-year old goaltender Morgan Clark from the Swift Current Broncos. In exchange, the Broncos get a 2011 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft conditional pick.
    http://www.whl.ca/prince-george-coug...urrent-p143596

well that was inevitable.

Anyone who is suprised with this trade put their hands up

Mark Friesen is assumed the starter with a potential rookie (possibly Austin Smith) being the backup...Ortio is a possibility if he comes over from Finland but if that is the case, Ortio would not be satisfied with backup status. If Ortio comes over, would Friesen be satisfied as backup or simply would the Broncos want a 20 year old backup? Can't wait till training camp!!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyGeorge View Post
    Mark Friesen is assumed the starter with a potential rookie (possibly Austin Smith) being the backup...Ortio is a possibility if he comes over from Finland but if that is the case, Ortio would not be satisfied with backup status. If Ortio comes over, would Friesen be satisfied as backup or simply would the Broncos want a 20 year old backup? Can't wait till training camp!!
    I never heard anything but I'm assuming then that Vancouver never signed Morgan Clark this past year?? P.G. has had some relatively decent goaltending the past couple seasons. 2 years ago they had Joe Caligiuri and now they got Clark who will definitely help them. If they can only get someone to help Brett Connolly this year, maybe this team can climb the rankings

Clark really stepped it up for us in the last half of the season, so hopefully it carries over to PG for him and the team. I think if Ortio does come over, maybe Friesen will be dealt? Who knows. I think Friesen will be solid this year, and I'm sure Ortio would be as well. Friesen needs to be a starter regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyGeorge View Post
    If Ortio comes over it will be because he isn't playing much in Finland. It would only make sense for him to be the assumed starter should he decide to jump the pond. In that case Friesen is dealt/released and we pick up another 20 yr old.

I'm sort of agreeing that Novotany probably won't be a Bronco this season but as of right now he still is a Bronco. Unless Ortio decides to come to Swift Current then the likes of Friesen, Bobbee, and Dowling will be our 20's but if Ortio does come to Swift then Ortio will be our starter with Friesen probably looking for a starting gig some other place resulting in Swift Current looking to acquire another 20 year old...this all is assuming that Novotany not coming in as a 20 year old Euro.

After some pretty "hairy" games, Clark did step it up and he was a huge reason why we made the post season last year. On that note good luck Clark, and hope things turn out well with you! Needless to say that this was no surprise. One would expect Friesen to be the our starting keeper, along with a rookie to be guided under his wing. The whole idea of Ortio in my mind is a wash, I place no thought on him becoming a Bronco. Lamb hopefully has better luck in the Euro draft than Chynoweth did. The whole Euro draft in my opinion is a CRAP shoot, and needs a major overhaul for it to actually be a productive aspect to the league. The way it is right now?... It fails. Don't get me wrong anything that can help the team (like Otio becoming a Bronco) is welcome, but what really has that draft done except provide speculation and distraction for our team and fans? My issue for this team this year involves HUGE HOPE for the return of JD and Eakin. Those two in my mind will be the success or demise of the team. They come back and we'll finish first in our division, maybe conference. They don't....could be a long year. I, like George, can't wait for hockey to begin again!!

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

Interesting follow up to the Ortio thought. I remember hearing he would consider coming over if he wasn't getting playing time in Finland. After six games he is the third string goaltender for TPS Turku, and hasn't seen any playing time (from what I can gather, my Finish isn't all that great). Not saying he is coming here, just saying he isn't playing over there.