Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Training Camp 2010

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyGeorge View Post
    When will we see another set of cuts? Don't think we can bring 40 some players into tomorrow's game in MJ. Some cuts will have to be made...tonight or early Wednesday? What's your take on when that will occur?
    There have been some cuts, not sure why they aren't saying anything.

I think Peddle should be cut same goes for Luhning.

I'm curious too why no one has said anything regarding their roster for tomorrow and who is all left in camp.

Looks like Hay has officially been dropped off of the roster on the Bronco site.

Good eye. Indeed he is no longer on that list. Perhaps soon we'll have an updated roster. I'm curious who all got reassigned / released and exactly how many are left in camp.

For the current camp roster, Hay's status, and some other news check out the Bronco website and go to "Broncos Sign Five Players"

The roster as it stands.

-G- (2)
    *Mark Friesen 90
    Austin Smith 93

-D- (12)
    *Travis Bobbee 90
    *Graeme Craig 93
    *Jordan Evans 92
    *Brody Luhning 92
    *Joel Rogers 91
    *Reece Scarlett 93
    *Kyle Verdino 91
    Tanner Clark 93
    Matt Franczyk 93
    +Dillon Heatherington 95
    Richard Nedomlel 93
    Nathan Zimbaluk 92

-F- (18)
    *Andy Blanke 92
    *Justin Dowling 90
    *Cody Eakin 91
    *Brad Hoban 91
    *Adam Lowry 93
    *Stepan Novotny 90
    *Jordan Peddle 91
    *Andrew Sullivan 92
    *Taylor Vause 91
    *Dillon Wagner 91
    Brandon Bruce 93
    Josh Derko 93
    Lucas Froese 92
    Brendan Hopkins 94
    Shea Howorko 94
    Robbie Newton 93
    Juraj Roznik 92
    +Josh Sinatynski 95

* -->Returning Vet
    + -->15 yr olds

Goaltending (as expected) is figured out.
    4 Underage players in camp...so you may as well say they are down to 30 players.
    As we all know there are still 4 20's and 3 Euro's left in camp.
    Last edited by Toswammi; 09-04-2010 at 08:54 AM.

I could be completely off base here...(well I expect to be completely off base here), but I have heard the speculation about the defenseman around town, and who gets cut.
    Anyhow my opinion. Either Rogers or Bobbee get traded, but only one. I can't see management moving a lot of the older defensemen unless we are getting some in return. I also have thrown around the idea of either Verdino or Luhning making the team as a checking line forward (again I could be completely off base there...and probably am). But in the end I would think 8 players will make the team as defensemen.

From the forward end, I would think 14 make the team (including Wagner). With 18 forwards left that is four cuts. However of that 18 their is an extra Euro, and a 15, meaning only two more cuts to the forward ranks. I could see the Broncos trying to get a top six forward via trade though.

32 players is the current roster number....two of them are 15 year old bring the roster list in a sense down to 30 players. What if they move Novotony (two spotter)? There would still have to be roster decisions made. Until Roznik actual is playing, I see Novotony sticking around for a bit. I assume the 15 year olds will be sent back to Midget teams after the Edmonton tourny.

Default 17-yr-old D-Men

Just wondering how many 17-year-old d-men the Broncos are gonna keep? Have to think Scarlett, Craig, and Nedomlel are locks and they still have Franczyk, Zimbaluk and now they signed Tanner Clark... some trades upcoming?